Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

[quote]ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

It would probably be tough to pull off with everyone but a Team 13 antelope hunt would be a blast….Hunt during the day and grill and camp out drinking some frosty brew hahs in the evenings…
[/quote
I would be interested depends on the date. The family vactaion this year to Glacier is in August I just don't know when.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Al - where the heck have u been lately, buddy? U've gotta check in more often man. How's this spring semester looking for you? Any free time, or are you taking a lot of credits?

Jason - I'm envious bro. U have so many hunting options at your disposal. That would be so cool. If I pass the bar - I could be up for a hunt. It depends. Too many invitations, too little time. As it stands right now, I'll be lucky to have 4 vacation days left in hunting season.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Well Guys my name is David...

Nice shed Mike!Its a good thing you picked
that up somebody could have tripped and
got hurt on that thing.

Jason you got that New Bow picked out yet?

Fran you kept me pumped all year with thoes pep talks.
Good luck on the Bar man!

Dan i hope you get that new 84 acres.Im sure you'll
make it a BIG BUCK Sanctuary.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BlueRanger1

Jason you got that New Bow picked out yet?
No new bow yet. Did get a fantastic deal on some ladder stands today though! Gander Mountain had some 15ft ladder stands on Sale for $59, then they were giving 20% off all stands on top of that. So I got two ladder stands for like $47 a piece... Cabelas had pretty much the same stand on 'sale' for $89...
Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jason - that's a sweet deal man. Under $50 for ladder stands is clutch.

Mike - that's a big shed. How many are you up to so far? I'm still stuck on zero.

Speaking of sheds... Yesterday was the last day of PA archery season, so I was out with the recurve. All morning, nothing. So, I decided to take a walk through a bedding area around 11:00 - just to make a few circles and see if I could pick up a shed in/around the beds. Since the area is nothing but rosebushes, my damn recurve kept getting snagged up in the shoots - so I got mad and set my bow back out in the field.

After about 10 minutes, I wasworking around a little bank, scouring the ground and I caught a bit of white - you know - one of those things where it just didn't fit in - through a little hole in the rose bush. I peeked around the side and was eyeball to eyeball with a big old doe. 5 yards. Open shot too. Swear on my life. No bow. WTF. Seriously. [>:]

She just sat there motionless - watching, so I tried to play the "I don't see you over there" game... Maybe I couldgo back and get my bow - then return.Well, she may have been stupid, but she wasn't THAT stupid - by the time I gotback in there with the bow - she was already gone.

Dan - you do a lot of work on your property, do u have any foodplots in place? That would be so nice, just to have the ability to do your own thing, and not have to contend with other people.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran to bad about that doe. We had about 2acres planted last year. I cleared another acre in early September bu never got it planted. We are clearing another 3 acres in Feb. so that would be 6 acres for 2008 + if I get that other land. I got my work cut out for me.

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Dan - you do a lot of work on your property, do u have any foodplots in place? That would be so nice, just to have the ability to do your own thing, and not have to contend with other people.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks gents.. that shed scored 70". Justin has a trailcam photo to the buck taken in 2005. That is my 3rd shed so far and 1 dead buck.. most deer are still packing still and I will not find for another 6 weeks.

Dan- I'm curious to what you plant in your food plots? I've tried the food plot thing.. but other than clover the deer seem to ignore them until a heavy snow falls.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm planting a mixture of stuff. I have clover which they hit all year long. Turnips which they didn't hit until the snow came.Oates they pounded until they were gone.Winter wheat they hit it when it comes out of the gound but don't touch again until November. It takes deer a couple of years until they know what it is. I tried Biologic but it just rotted in the field for two years.That stuff is to expensive to let rot. I'm going to plant more oates this year and a pasture mix.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Great job guys 8 out of 10 WOW!!! thats a winning team for sure.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey ya'll, i know its been a while but this has been one hectic vacation! Between working a full time job and trying to get in as much time hanging out with my old buddies i havnt really had a chance to check in. Well heres the scoop for next year, since you all are giving yours!

First and foremost my dad wants a garage built, this should take me and terry,the "father in law" about a month to complete. We will get paid for the materials and that is it, not labor. In exchange me and the Terry will get the old garage, 15 by 20. We are then gonna jack it up, put it on a trailer and at about 2:30 in the morning haul it ten miles to Terry's house. Then hook onto it with the tractor and take it down back to the location we got picked out. We will then have the task of making the cabin "livable" by next deer season hopefully. In our spare time, we will be working on getting our three foodplots going again (2 oats, and one clover).

Deer update: Big goose egg on sheds so far but have found two dead bucks and one coyote skeleton. Once the snow does let up i will be hitting the woods hard looking for possible stand locations and working on learning more about how to effectively use those darn trail cameras.

Well folks thats all the time i have! I'll be back my bowhunting brothers!

Whoops Fran forgot about the college update, SWEET scedule for me next semester. Monday no class till 6:00 at night, class all day tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. Will be home friday, saturday, sunday, and most the day monday to work/ do whatever the heck i want. Lots to do before the fall magic of '08 begins!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.