Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Nice buck Quick.. tell your buddy congrats. Now you can rub it in his face that he shot it from your stand.

I know I would... in a funny, sarcastic way of course...
Old 12-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

He will never hear the end of it Duke. LOL
Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

This is the buck that my buddy shot at 11:30 a.m. in a total downpour on the PA rifle opener from one of my best stands.
That's a nice buck. Very unique!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree a very nice buck indeed!
Old 12-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Speaking of deer... Question for u guys:

I found this shed last year in an area that I just gained access to. Not sure if this guys is still on the hoof or not (didn't get to hunt there much), but I wonder what he looked like this year. 19" main beam forkie (just a lump for a brow tine).

Here it is in reference to a nicer shed and a hockey skate.

I'm guessing he's likely a long-beamed 4x4, with weak G3's and small brows this year?

Just weird to see a fork that big around here. Rare. Most anything you see around here with 19" beams has at least 2 scorable points coming off of it.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick I get big forks like that around me once in awhile and I shot 1 about 6 years ago it was old had no teeth left. It looked like your shed. That might be the case.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a unique one Quick. I have a big fork who is actually a 2 yr. old this year who I see pretty often. He doesn't have 19 Mainbeams.. more like 15 or 16 at most. But he's got some real good mass. They're rare bucks.. but they're still out there. In nature anything can happen.

Last year while hunting sheds I found a fork antler.. nothing missing.. with at least 6 or 7 inch bases! Definately an older deer.. never seen him on the hoof or even know if he's still alive. His Mainbeams were only about 14 inches. He was just pure mass.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets go guys! Who ever is left we needa couple more bucks on the ground to put us up over the top! I know we can do it fellas!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting shed Quick... On opening weekend this year I saw a similar deer. Weird becuase I could tell that he was an older deer ( I guess at least 3 1/2 - but not super old) and he was only a fork.... The deer I saw I would have liked to have culled - but never got a shot opportunity...

Would have also been a drag burning my tag on a cull buck...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well.... Are going to have to invite Mr. Holtz for another Pep Talk?

Anyone been hunting at all? Our gun season closed Saturday. I took my cousin out and he blasted a fawn. My buddy missed a big shooter buck. They had fun shooting at all the deer I was moving...I had fun finally getting tospend a day out in the snow,and invade a few of those bedding areas that I'd never normally get to investigate. I've definitely got the drop on agood rack buck for next fall. This March, I'll make a gallant effort at finding his sheds.

Funny story:My cousinshoots this button fawn (heck of a shot, by the way - 175 across a steep gorge and through a thick mess), and he's all excited - you know how it is when you're a kid and you get something. Smiling like a butcher's dog. So we get up to it, and I said "Okay, get it gutted out and I'll help you drag it up to the car."

He looks down at the deer.[&o]Looks back at me.

... ... ...

He looks back down at the deer again. [&o] Looks back up at me.

Things started to come together for meat that point... "You don't know how to gut it, do you?"

"Dad always does it."

[>:]

"Well... Dad isn't here."

Let me tell you, if you've never tried to coach a kid through field dressing a deer - it's stressful. What normally takes me 2-3 minutes... He turned into an hour-long bloodbath. I have no patience. I just wanted to say "MOVE and LET ME DO IT." But I restrained myself.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.