Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Man no luck for me this weekend, hunted hard just nothing was working. Thats ok though theres still a lot of season left so ive still got a chance to get lucky.

130- Great job man! Dont feel right, a wise man once told me, "It takes a lot of things to go right to kill a buck with a bow and arrow." Anything witha bow is a trophy and thats a dandy of a buck.

Everyone else, keep on hunting i know we can still win this thing!!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

A huge CONGRATS to you 130woodman on your buck! Awesome! Don't ever be dissappointed after taking any animal by bow.

I've been hunting hard. This season has just been tough for me. Alot of rainfall has kept the deer out of there typical bedding areas. They are just not bedding on my lands at the moment. Seen some solid deer.. but all before or after legal shooting light as they have to travel a great distance to get to me. Very tough conditions!

I am matching wits with a real good buck but his movements have been mostly at nightfall. I just need a little daytime movement to have the chance. Right now he's just a set of tracks.. some real good rubs.. a few scrapes.. and a superb sense of 'how to pick a unhuntable spot to bed'.

The story for me has been bucks just out of range.. after shooting light.. or need a earn-a-buck tag. I will get my buck this season.. it's a chess game and I think I'm making all the right moves.. I just need a wrong one by the other guy.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dropped a buck today!!! Know there are some bigger ones around, but where I hunt, I just couldn't pass him up. Haven't scored him yet, I'll get that done in the next day or two... Good luck everyone, keep hitting it hard - I was starting to get a bit frustrated - I was putting in a TON of time in the stand and wasn't seeing jack... All of a sudden... Hear the un-mistakenable sound of a deer approaching. From the time I saw him to the time I shot was just a few seconds. I had a REALLY small window to thread the arrow - but was able to pull it off before he got out of range.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

NICE!! Beauty of a buck Dakota!!

I'd drop him in a heartbeat too! Congrats!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck SD congrat's.Can't wait to see the score.

Duke- I guess my fustration really showed up in that post now that I look at it. I know I did the right thing when I took him, But to have the buck I wanted to stand there right after the shot was to much. I am glad I got a chance to harvest a deer this year with a bow and that I will always be thankfull for.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome buck bro! You've definitely been logging the stand hours - good to see it pay off man. The Dark Horses are making a charge! Anyone have any vacation time coming up? I wish I had some to burn, that's for sure.

I had a crazy weekend. After whiffing on that 5x5 Thursday, I was back at it on Saturday - had a really nice 4x4 (looked like a 3.5 yr old) shadowing a doe around me for 20-30 minutes. They floated between 50 and 20 yards - I drew on this old boythree separate times, but couldn't get that open window for the double-lunger. I could've pushed an arrow into him, but I held off... Gorgeous buck too - looked a lot like the one SDH just posted. It's just like that guy knew where every vine and treetrunk was located, and he was just taunting me... Can't win 'em all.

Yesterday, I was chasing those Buckeye buckswith my hunting bud, and we set up in two separate pinchpoints. We were seeing bucks - I saw 3 scrub racks, and he had seen 3 scrubsters and whiffed on a 40 yarder on a heavy mainframe 4x5. I called him up at noon to discuss the afternoon plan, and my damn phone kept cutting out. Now, we're playing phone tag with one-bar of cell signal. So, I guess his phone drops the call, and he's hitting the SEND button to hit me back, when an absolute PIG crosses right in front of him. Seriously, my phone dropped the call, and 15 seconds later, I get aBIG BUCK DOWN call. Crazy man.

Here are3 cameraphone pics. No idea what this buck will score, it probably won't be representative of exactly how big this guy is... The only measurements I have are 6"+ split, bladed brows and 19" inside. He's not much for tines, but his beams look like ball bats. As a frame of reference, the dude in the picture was aNCAA linebacker - he's no small guy. Deer is an absolute pig. Nice, mature Ohio buck. Not the greatest scoring genetics, but this deer has a lot of character in the rack, and bodywise, hedwarfs our 2.5 yr old PA runts.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

SD- great buck! things are comming together!

quick- No time off for me, just being a regular weekend warrior until i get a week or so off college for thanksgiving break. Great buck your buddy downed there!

duke- Im sure you'll get him figured out sooner or later, theres plenty of time!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Sup fellas?I haven't been on in a while.Either beenbuisy or in the woods.Been seeing a lot of does but no bucks yet.I've been huntin hard just haven't had any luck yet.Congrats on everyone who has taken deer.Nice Bucks.I'll try and post more often.
Good luck everyone.
James
Old 11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got him scored tonight....

Total Gross: 125 1/8

[/b]
Old 11-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

sweeeeeet!

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.