Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Sup guys. Spent the whole day today in the woods and at the shopshooting my bow. Shored up a lot of loose ends, and walked 2 new properties. Hotter than hades - home now, showered and ready -waiting for the wife to finish getting ready - going out for cocktails.

I swear, if I ever move as slow as my wife, somebody please just put me down.

Somegreat football games yesterday - the Tide is rollin', and PSU looks good. Hope we send the Golden Domersback to South Bend0-2 after next Saturday's night game. Thank god for football season, or I don't know how I'd ever make it through September.

Bama - u play ice hockey, right? Are you in a lot of leagues? NCAA? Juniors? NHL fan?

Old 09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Haha.You gotta watch oh Treehugger.He's my cousin so if we don't go all the way we atleast have to beat histeam 38.
I'm just playing in an open league here in Huntsville.Its gotta good pace to it though.Especially inthe fall.Im a huge Detroit fan.I love the wings.But I love the NHL period.I'll watch any game I can catch on tv.What about you?
I was real happy with Bama Saturday.Our running backs looked better then I was expecting them to.I was glad to hear what Saban said after the game.After winning 52-6 all he talked about is how we need to be better.I guess we'll tell more about themwhen they play Vanerbilt.They usually always seem to put up a good fight.Then we play Arkansas.Thats should be a real test there I think,with them having a Mcfadden and all.We play them in our house so I'm hopeing to see the defense pumped and cut him short.
I'm going to watch the PSU vs Notre Dame game.I'm figuringPSU willput a woopin on them.Notre Dame looked terrible against Georgia Tech.
Later
Old 09-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick.. I know exactly what it's like to loose a deer in an endless field of corn... it's TOUGH!!

Season starts for me with some public hunting in southern Wisc. in less than 2 weeks.!!

Why is it I look so forward to every season.. and when a season is about to start I feel like I am being rushed.!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scouting report: Just got back from a weekend of scouting,the acorns are falling so fast I got hit in the head 3 times is 5 minutes. The velvet is off of most of the deer I saw. There was a lot of Wolf tracks moving through the area and 2 sets of bear tracks.We hung 2 stands about fifty yards in an area that 2 funnels meet It is pounded in there.

Other than that I think I am ready for the elk hunt I am sighted in for 50 yards.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Duke- it's so hard to trail blood in the corn, b/c it just doesn't show up in the barren dirt, and so tough to see it on the stalks themselves... Needle in a haystack scenario. I know what you're sayin' about feeling rushed. Once upon a time, there was enough time.

Bama - I'm a Penguins fan. I got tickets for 2 home games this season, but I would like to do about 3-4 games total. I'm soaking it up while I can, b/c tix will be impossible to get once the new arena opens in 2010. I'm kicking around the idea of driving to Buffalo for the outdoor game on 1/1/08. If you're ever up for a short trip to see the Wizard of Croz - I offer pickup/dropoff service at Pittsburgh International, and I can usually get my mitts on some tickets.

130 - those acorns are always red hot around here during the first couple weeks. I've got a few nice oak groves to hunt - one in particular in one of my new spots looks like it might be pretty solid. When are you leaving for the elk hunt? That one mount you have is gorgeous.

SDH - nice muley mounts bro. BTW - I scored Adrian Peterson in the 7th round asmy 3rd RB. If he sucks, I'm taking it out on you. LOL
Old 09-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am leaving for the Elk hunt on the 13 th.

Quicksilver "That one mount you have is gorgeous." Thanks, which one?

I'm getting slammed at work right know it is going to be hard to get everything done before I leave but it is the price we have to pay to hunt.

With the acrorns falling the corn doesn't get hit as hard but they will come back to it.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys,

Things have been BUSY!! Just finished my 3rd fantasy football draft in the last week…

Quicksilver – You’re lucky getting AP in the 7th. In all 3 drafts I was in he went in the 3rd - If he gets some serious playing time he’ll be a stud!

Checked my camera’s the other day, forgot my card reader so I wasn’t able to grab the pics, luckily I had a digital camera that I was able to view them with. Same deer I’ve been seeing – still a little frustrated that I haven’t seen the monsters – but I know they’re around…

Won’t have a ton of time to check in during the next couple of weeks. Heading up to Minneapolis to watch the Vikings/Atlanta game this weekend. Then next Thursday, I’m leaving for about 10 days on a Elk/Deer archery hunt (focusing on elk but I do have a deer tag) – have a lot of stuff to get ready yet. Can’t believe that I’m heading out in a week!!

130Woodman – looks like your heading elk hunting too! What State are you hunting (I'm hunting MT)?

If your season starts before I can check back in – good luck! GO DARK HORSES!!!!

-Jason
Old 09-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason - I just checked my draft sheet - it was the 5th round, not 7th. Still a good value though. Have a blast at the Vikes game buddy.

Iscored Steeler home opener tickets, but I have a conflict of interest. Steelers are playing Buffalo - and Buffalo's new starting mike Linebacker is none other than Penn State Hero, Paul Posluszny - my all-time favorite football player. So, if he knocks Big Ben's lights out, I might just jump out of the stadium. That won't go over with the other Steeler fans. LMAO

130 - I was talking about your elk mount. It looks fantastic.

All the best on your upcoming elk hunts guys. Once I pass the PA bar exam, I'm gonna make that an annual event. For now, I'm stuck with the PA whitetails.

I've got a big night of glassing and scouting planned for tomorrow. Hopefully, I see something worthy of telling you guys about.

Jason, do you run your cameras through the entire deer season? Ever have any trouble with people messing around with them? You'll have to post some pics when you pull them off of the card. I'd love to runa line of cameras, but they would never last around here. Just too many people.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

do you run your cameras through the entire deer season? Ever have any trouble with people messing around with them?
I usually have my camera's up most of the season - someimtes I'll pull them when it starts getting really cold - because they start eating up the batteries. Once I start hunting sometimes I'll move them around to different suspected 'hotspots' to see what's going on in those area's...

Luckily, I havn't had any problems with people messing with them. I don't put them on public land or anything though. They are all on my uncles land, so I think that helps keep out the riff raff.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally moved into college! No internet at the house yet though, hopefully will by next week, for now ive gotta snake some internet time off of the computer labs. Ive got my men back home holin down the scoutin fort i'll have updates next monday when im back online. Till then keep the cameras rollin! Go 'Cuse!! haha

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.