Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Nice bucks BamaHuntin. I am going to hit the woods this weekend it will be the last time before the season starts. I got 2 more stands to hang and 1 to adjust. I have to practice from an elevated platform also then I should be set. Good luck to anybody that is hunting this weekend if I get any good pics off the cameras I post them on Tuesday.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

I'm hunting TN.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got so much work to do - it's just crazy... First off, I have to get my last half-dozen arrows inserted, spin checked, and tested -so that's a wasted night at the bow shop.

2 hang-on's are sitting in the garage - need to go up.

Have 2 properties to scout/glass.

Nothing is done. I am (and have been) tied up with weddings/football games/hockey games/social functionsall summer.

All that, and I want to install an STS on my bow too - which might change my yardage markings.

Nice deer, Bama. By the way - I looked at the Tide's schedule this season. I'm pulling for them to upset LSU early. John Parker Wilson should have a breakout year. I don't think he has to be "great" for them to win, but he has to at least play well.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with you quicksilver.I've got a lot of confidence in the team this year.In my opinion,we never really saw the potential this roster has hadin the past years.I don't think Shula pushed them hard enough.We needed a get in your face type of coach who pushes our guys and I think we got one.If Shula was still coaching he probabaly would have called off practice because of the heat we've been having lately.He just strikes me as a wimp.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer Bama!

Quick - sounds like you have some work to do - should be a good excuse to get out of the house How did your FFB draft turn out - happy with your team? I've got one of them out of the way, at least one more, maybe two drafts left.

I think I have most of my stands all ready - pretty much just waiting for the season to open and keep checking my trail camera's.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

I noticed you guys talking about the Fantasy Football.I've decided to try it outthis year.Well see how it goes I guess.Sounds like a lot of fun though.
Hey Quick,you mentioned hockey games.You playin hockey?I'm all about playing some hockey.Probably one of my next best hobbies.2nd to hunting ofcourse.
Later,
James
Old 08-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

James- I'vebeen playing a lot of deck hockey lately. Ice time is tough to get around here (and expensive), and I just can't skate well enough to keep up with the talented players, so it's either roller or deck for me. I have a good set of bauer blades, but I'm still learning to skate well enough to play (competitively) without killing myself. I do the deck leagues to keep getting better, and it's awesome cardio. It's really a lot of fun.

Really it's just something I picked up my frosh year at PSU for exercise in an intramural league with a few drinking buddies. I really got wayyyy more into it than I'd ever planned, and it's definitely one of the only things that can distract me from obsessing over hunting season so much. LOL I totally wish I'd have started playing when I was a kid.

By the way - LSU looked VERY beatable last night. They might have major problems when the Tide rolls in.

SDH - I had a pretty good draft last night. Loaded heavy on RB's, and took a gamble on Kitna at QB. Also stopped at the bow shop and got my components for my arrows - pulling the old nocks and gluing in some G-nocks.

Anybody going to any college football games this weekend? I got PSU/FIU tickets - the grill is cleaned, the beer is on ice, and I just put fresh batteries in the radio. Ready to rock. 26 hours to kickoff.

130 - good luck getting everything shored up for the upcoming season. I wish ours started sooner, but we're stuck waiting until 9/29. [>:]

Old 08-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick don't feel bad I can't Whitetail hunt until the 22 nd Your only a week behind me.

Everybody have a great Labor day.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well men its time for me to move off to college, i'll be offline for a few days. If anyone has a Sept. 1st opener good luck. Good thing is i will be ready for season, just got all the plots planted, stands hung, and bows are still shootin. Its only a matter of time!
Old 09-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

James- I'vebeen playing a lot of deck hockey lately. Ice time is tough to get around here (and expensive), and I just can't skate well enough to keep up with the talented players, so it's either roller or deck for me. I have a good set of bauer blades, but I'm still learning to skate well enough to play (competitively) without killing myself. I do the deck leagues to keep getting better, and it's awesome cardio. It's really a lot of fun.

Really it's just something I picked up my frosh year at PSU for exercise in an intramural league with a few drinking buddies. I really got wayyyy more into it than I'd ever planned, and it's definitely one of the only things that can distract me from obsessing over hunting season so much. LOL I totally wish I'd have started playing when I was a kid.

By the way - LSU looked VERY beatable last night. They might have major problems when the Tide rolls in.

SDH - I had a pretty good draft last night. Loaded heavy on RB's, and took a gamble on Kitna at QB. Also stopped at the bow shop and got my components for my arrows - pulling the old nocks and gluing in some G-nocks.

Anybody going to any college football games this weekend? I got PSU/FIU tickets - the grill is cleaned, the beer is on ice, and I just put fresh batteries in the radio. Ready to rock. 26 hours to kickoff.

130 - good luck getting everything shored up for the upcoming season. I wish ours started sooner, but we're stuck waiting until 9/29. [>:]
James is not even any good at hockey.....Haha just kidding. Don't let him fool you, he is real good. One of the top draft picks in the league around here. I saw some of that LSU game. They did look beatable. The Tide put a hurtin on Western Carolina. I know they are just out of being a 2A school but look what happened to #5 Michigan from an actual 2A school. Pretty sad. Anyways best of luck to you fellas this season. Im sure Team 38 is going to be Rackin em Up.

Quick Reply: THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.