Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 AM

Default RE: 28 Official Team 28 thread

Well, Im supposed to be hunting in wyoming in a couple hours. Too bad the trip was cancelled.Our missouri bowhunt sounds promising though. In the past few years, a 16 and 21 pointer and others have been killed on the landowners property. The county also has a 4 point on 1 side antler restriction.

On some city land, there is a huge buck, over 18 wide with long tines. It has been seen alot, and I did some scouting on 80 city owned acres that are open to hunting. I found a nice rub line about 200 yards long. rubs every 10 or 20 yards. Im going to try there tonight and try and get that big guy or the other nice buck he hangs out with.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Hey guys, hows everyones season going,, I guess you all know we're getting showed up now that Matt/PA is on the board,, congrats to him with his buck, but now we've gotta show em a bigger one. Good luck guys.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Well I am back after a 15 hour drive. My first hunt with an outfitter was a bust. I will never do it again. The guides that were to be supplied had never seen a deer even shot with a bow before. It was a joke. Our second day there we were on our own and had a pretty good day. We did two man stocks and I was able to draw a very nice buck. 23yards away only to have the other guy walk up pull back and let an arrow fly. I was mad beyond believe. He is a great guy and he said he got excited. He hit the deer but only a flesh would to the brisket. It was the perfect stock though. Deer never new we were there. I also got to with in 70 yards of what my guide said would have easily been a top 5 in the state. I got busted by a doe that was about 20 yards from me in some buck brush. Needless to say I came back empty handed except for a few sheds I found and I am probably in a bit better shape then when I left.

As I type this the outfitter called. We set the hunt up through him but we actually hunted with another outfitter. He was very sorry and offered us free whitetail or buffalo hunts at his place. I am not feeling so bad right now. Very nice guy.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Hey cooper, too bad about your hunt. The outfitter sounds like a great guy though offering you the hunts for free.
I havent seen a deer here in over a week and ive hunted everyday.Im goinmg to try a few places i never hunted before, maybe that will produce. Lets hope they move pretty soon. Im kind of getting fed up from not seeing deer, but the worst part is the heat and skeeters.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Just checking in. Our season starts in a week and it's been hotter than he!! around here. Hopefully it will cool down by next week.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

went to the cabin tuesday night and had a nice 6 point come within 5 yards of me. hopefully he'll bring his bigger friends over. just seein few here and few there. hopfully it will pick up once this hot weather heads out
Old 10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I drew first blood with the Vectrix tonight....too bad it was a squirrel . I'll back at it again Saturday morning.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 PM

Hey everyone. I had some luck tonight. To start off it was 80 degrees when I left to go hunting. I somehow forgot to put my climbing treestand in the truck. I hadnt seen any deer in a week, so I wasnt thinking positive. I jumped 3 on the way in, so I figured the night was ruined. I made a little blind next to 2 maples and a cluster of small saplings. At 6:10, i heard noise to my left. I looked and a doe and 2 fawns were coming in. I grabbed my bow and didnt move. A few minutes later, the doe fawn walked past at about 8 yards. I let her have it. The arrow blew through her heart and got a complete passthrough before she could move. I am so glad. This is my first bow deer in 3 years. She is young, but I couldnt be more excited. I used my Mathews ovation with beman arrows and rocket hammerheads. We went back after dark and found her about 50 yards from where I shot her. I used my compound, but certainly could have stuck her with my recurve. This is also my first deer from the ground.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Hey way to go 24/7. Sounded like a fun hunt.

Would like for the temps to drop a bit around here. 80's are just to hot to hunt for me.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I whacked a doe this morning too. I have a thread in the main forum.

Quick Reply: 28-Official Team 28 "Boiler Room Busters" Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.