Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Rules

Old 10-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Rules

Rob,

I have a question. I shot a buck Saturday night, and didn't recover him until Sunday morning.I had mistaking left my camera at home and the place I killed this deer was overan hour from my house. I had to take the deer directly to the processors or else the meat would spoil as the temps were beginning to rise.The processor is supposed to be caping out the hide. Would a pic of the entire cape be acceptable? I apologize, but there was no way I was going to let the meat possibly spoil just so I could run home to get the camera.

Thanks,

Slice
Old 10-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

That certainly is a good question and it should be reviewed by all team capts and participating mods.....email me a pic when you have it....
Old 10-04-2005, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

I'm picking up the meat and cape tonight, so hopefully will have pics by the end of the week and will email you when I get them. If it helps to confirm the kill, I was hunting with someone from another team, and I believe I could get them to send an email or something as confirmation of the kill if need be.

Thanks.

Slice
Old 10-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Rob...I didn't see your post in the team thread I had in question.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:41 PM

well, i dont have any pics with my bow, but i do have pics with just me and the deer. forgetting my camera at home that weekend i wasn't able to get pics with it. instead i was lucky to get pics at all just with the deer.so since i don't have the bow in the pic, does this mean that i can't enter it into the contest? orcan i take a pic of the arrow and broadhead i used and send it in. thanks,

Old 10-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have no problems with letting this buck in. Being you are in Illinois, I know that the nearest slug season is almost a month away. But Rob is the boss.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:24 PM

i'm 16 years old and did not poach this deer. never have poached anything or plan to ever in my hunting career. rob let me know.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Post the picture and score in the score card and we'll review it...adding any pics you can will be helpful...thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:41 AM

I also dont see a problem with this young man entering in my opinion.I am also from Illinois and know that shotgun season is a few weeks off.If he can get a picture of the shot placement it will help.Certainly would also prove that is was a arrow that shot it and not a slug.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:31 PM

i can get like 4 or 5 different pics of him, but i don't have any shot pics of the shot. althought i do have the arrow. i will post the pics and get the pic of an arrow in a couple of days, since it in pike co. and i'm in sangamon. thanks for your cooperation.

Quick Reply: Official Rules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.