Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Rules

Old 08-25-2004, 08:03 PM

Default RE: Official Rules

Thanks for clearing things up Rob.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't like the outfitter idea myself. I have no problem with out of state hunts but outfitters I dont care for. What ever you guys want though is fine with me.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see its gross scoring...much much easier!

Good Luck!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i say no to paying to hunt like a guide service / outfitter ..... but lets say you and a buddy get a license for a nieghboring state , and drive for the weekend and sleep in the truck or hotel ect , i say that counts , but no goin to like rwahide camps or nething..... cuz i could pay to go 2 hrs north to cherry ridge that isnt pen and its fair chase , but i get a gaurentee of a 160 class buck.,,,,, i think that is poop
Old 08-25-2004, 10:04 PM

I rather like the idea of not being able to enter a buck taken through an outfitter/guide service. Those organizations are set up in order to set you up on a trophy calibre animal, most even have certain minimum when it comes to the inches your animal's antlers have to meet.

Hunting on your private/public land you may only see one or two 110 - 130" deer, hunting on guided/outfitted land you may see several 130 - 160" deer.

Just my $0.02
Old 08-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting a managed/guided/outfitted piece of land definitely gives you a better chance at bagging a big buck, but there are no guarantees. You make a bad shot, you miss, you get rained out all week, or a million other things go wrong and you come home emptyhanded.

I say let the outfitters and guided hunts stay.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:05 AM

I do have 2 trips to IL planned for this year, neither of which is with an outfitter. But, I don't agree with you guys saying an outfitted hunt should not count. Apparantly most of you don't know how most outfitters in at state like IL work..... They simply lease land and put you on a stand. No difference between that and the regular guys from IL that get to hunt private land.

This is a friendly competition guys, keep that in mind. Nothing at stake here.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:22 AM

Rob, for teams that don't have all guys participate, I think it may be a good idea to let a team member that kills 2 bucks to enter the second. If not, I think we have to use an average system to be fair.

If one team only has 6 participators and kills 6 150 class bucks, they could be overthrown by a team that kills 10 100 class bucks. IMO, the team with only six did much better, but total score would indicate otherwise
Old 08-26-2004, 08:10 PM

If one team only has 6 participators and kills 6 150 class bucks, they could be overthrown by a team that kills 10 100 class bucks. IMO, the team with only six did much better, but total score would indicate otherwise
Are we not going to put alternates in if those people do not reply be a certain time frame?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, for teams that don't have all guys participate, I think it may be a good idea to let a team member that kills 2 bucks to enter the second. If not, I think we have to use an average system to be fair.

I'd say we keep the rules as they were before the sign up deadline. 1st buck per person and only 1 buck.
If you dont have a full team get an alternate!

Quick Reply: Official Rules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.