Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Killer Instinct (30) Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:19 PM

Default RE: Official Team (30) Thread

I was just curious as to how many of you use homemade scent covers? Someone had put up a thread about one, and I think I'm gonna try that one this year. Any comments??
Old 09-08-2005, 02:08 PM

Never tried any, but seems like it should work. Let us know how it goes!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:27 PM

Incase anyone else is interested, the ingredients are as follows:

1 gal. of distilled water
16oz of dilluted peroxide (about 3%)
1/2 box of baking soda
2 shot glasses of HS soap

Need to store excess in a sealed container, and in a cool dry place. Good luck
Old 09-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

wasn't used to looking so far down the forum to find our thread. I figured i'd put something new to move it up.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Spike

me too
Old 09-11-2005, 07:23 AM

I know this thread has already been started in the general chatroom, but with today being 9/11, I would appreciate it if everyone could take a moment to remember those who have fallen.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Spike

I have a few times Fire.But then again since Iwork there every morning, pass it by 4 or 5 times each day I take a that moment alot.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:37 PM

Hey all just letting you know that I am still alive. Ron and I are waiting to see if we get premission to hunt on this great posted property.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Spike

LC have you been out yet, it looks like you were able to start on 9/3 according to an earlier post. Keep the group posted on what you have seen.

I checked out 1 place on Saturday and kicked up a small buck and a doe. Property owner says that he has seen a couple of other buck around with some impressive head gear.I wish this place wascloser to home, these gas prices are way out of line.

I'll be heading up to the other place this weekend to checkthings out, but I don't plan to hunt it much from the start. Last year I think overhunted it and didn't see much whenthings shouldhave been red hot. Its much closer to home and really convenient.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:27 AM

Hey guys! Yes Arrow, I have been out a couple times. We went out last weekend and scared up a buck. It was kinda late so we couldn't see him real well, but you could definately tell he had antlers!
Anyway, my season has started already, but it has been way too damn hot for this boy to stay out in. Our highs are still hitting the 90's! It is supposed to cool off this weekend, and continue to stay that way. I plan on my first hunt being Monday the 19th. I took the day off, so I'll have plenty of time. I am also going that weekend as well.
Be safe, and good luck guys. Apparently we're gonna need it. Have you seen the deer in the score card already?? Hope we're all that lucky as well!

Quick Reply: Official Team Killer Instinct (30) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.