Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 10-22-2005, 08:32 AM

Default RE: Team 20 offical thread

Good news and bad news on cornI guess. It is coming out but he is gone for a week or so in another section of the county so I don't know when he will hit the final fields around here.. There is still 830 acres of ground he rents from us that has standing corn in it and around that much of his too around his home (Just down the road about 2 miles)... That is the only standing crop in about a 4 mile radius of my house... Too bad I won't be getting out until Tuesday at the earliest. Today, still sick and family coming in. Sunday, my 5th wedding aniversery. Monday need to haul some cattle so I can hunt Tuesday and maybe Wed. But I am heading to Colorado first think Thursday morning and won't be back until Monday probably. Need to go to a bull/heifer auction. If I was going on my own I could do it in 3 days but since the wife and daughter are coming I can't drive straight through.. Their company should more than make up for the delay..

Bought a ladder stand yesterday... Just couldn't pass on how cheap it was and I need a few more stands.. God, I am bad. I think I might go back and buy the other one too... Don;t like them usually but I couldn't build one for the price it cost me.

More kind of bad news. EHD has reared its ugly head about 3 miles to the South of here, State bioligists have also been around talking to archery shop owners about blue tongue so it looks like it got all the way up here. The drought was a killer this year in more ways than one. I haven't seen too much signs of dead ones but that just might mean the coyotes are eating real well.

Good news is the deer are starting to show themselves during the day. AM seeing them in the draininage ditches around here in the middle of the day... Another week and they will probably really get going, finally got cold weather and I get a cold... typical.

Being that was known as Bitter Balding Boy Bauer as a college student (I had the habbit of saying I was bitter about certain things, don't know why) I think the deer toupe would be much appreciated... This time of year the top of my dome gets kinda of chilly.. I don't even know how bald I am anymore since I basically shear my head every 2 weeks or so.. Better to not know the truth I guess. Oh, btw to all my balding breathern.. My Calculas teacher in high school, who bore a striking resemblance to Yoda, used to wear a hat when he coached tennis. The hat said, god only made so many perfect heads, he gave the rest hair... God, people hated that hat.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:52 PM

TROY - Phenominal deer...Great Work!!!
I haven't read the story yet but that's where I'm going next.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TROY----just celebrated mine 2 days ago
Old 10-23-2005, 07:44 PM

You know you are in trouble when you think your anniversy is Sunday the 22nd when Sunday the 22nd won't happen until next year... Doh, have way through the day on Saturday I figured out what was going on.. Had to cancel all the plans we had anyways since now the wife is sick and I am still recovering.. Won't be running cattle on Monday now afterall but won't be able to hunt either.. Need to unload a semi with my loader at 2:30 or so. If they get here early I will do it but they never do... Will probably get here at 4:30. I am not happy.

Cold miserable rainy day.. The perfect type of day if you aren't sick and your cows don't get out on you...
Old 10-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Being that was known as Bitter Balding Boy Bauer as a college student (I had the habbit of saying I was bitter about certain things, don't know why) I think the deer toupe would be much appreciated... This time of year the top of my dome gets kinda of chilly.. I don't even know how bald I am anymore since I basically shear my head every 2 weeks or so.. Better to not know the truth I guess. Oh, btw to all my balding breathern.. My Calculas teacher in high school, who bore a striking resemblance to Yoda, used to wear a hat when he coached tennis. The hat said, god only made so many perfect heads, he gave the rest hair... God, people hated that hat.
LMAO Troy, my hat size is 7 1/8. I'm naturallyblonde, but I look best in a nice chocolate "winter coat." IL - we can probably use some Bondo or Krazy Glue to attach our toupees to our heads. It is getting kinda cold, so time is becoming a factor.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:28 AM

If Troy can come across a real dark brown phase black bear I might have something going for my toupe...Maybe theneck on an old bull elk would work .. In all seriousness however, it is coldright now and the weather folks are saying with Wilma going up the coast it willprobably stay that way around here for a while. I think Iwill head hunt tomorrow.. I think my cold should be gone by than.. Now it would be stupid to hunt with the cough rattling out of my chest every 10 minutes or so.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 AM

Oh Mike, sorry to hear about your Dad... Hope this round of chemo does the trick.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy Guys...

Back after an extended weekend... My wife got her first buck.. rifle of course..she was jacked.. little 4x3 I will get somepics later, once the film is used up.

LOL actually we do have a lot of color phased bear out here. I gave my cape off my bull to a buddy in exchange for all his hard work in helping me get the bull out. I kinda felt Jeremiah Johnson

Quick best of luck in WV bud.
IL you missed your big day! ouch...suppose your on the couch? LMAO

XX Team, keep after it, we all get a buck or even 7-8 of 10 and we are gonna have a chance to be in this thing..

I think they need to make one change next year for the contest. Allowing one EXTRA buck being added to a teams score if a hunter gets two buck tags... Just an idea. For example if one of us got two bucks... rarely will any team go 10-10....yet some hunters will harvest two whitetail bucks.. I dont know, what do you guys think? BAD IDEA???
Old 10-24-2005, 11:49 AM

Nah, Shed.. I didn't get in too much trouble... We had plans for the nieces and nephews to come out and than my mother in law was going to baby sit while we went out. In the end however I was still pretty sick so we couldn't go out and two of the nieces were sick too so those families baled on us.. So it just ended up being my MIL, a brother in law who I have "hired" to get him through some hard times and than the three of us who are always here. Should have gone out anyways but I would never have been able to drive home so it had to be cancled..

As far as the extra tag thing goes.. Interesting idea but I think you would have to put some restrictions on it of some sort.. Counted as half points or something... It could be interesting because you are right.. I don't think anyone will even go 9/10 let alone 10/10... I think one team got 8 last year maybe?

I can't believe you gave away my toupe Shed... Man, I guess maybe I will try to take one of those red foxes I see a few times a year... That looks like it would make a nice toupe... Perhaps a bit flashy however..

Old 10-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok guys, got one to add to our score. But I need help, where do I get the score sheet from? We do just score them our selves dont we. Not very big, but he is an 8. I wiull have pictures later. I messed up with pictures tho. Had my wife take some in the field, but forgot the tag until we had him in the truck so I took some more in the truck so we had the tag.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.