Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

It doesn't matter to me who is captain. I think it just needs to be someone that is on fairly often, so if something comes up it can be taken care of.

Is anyone on our team good with graphics and could make a logo? I definitely am not.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:16 PM

I log in from work. If its slow, I'm here for awhile but if I'm busy, I sometimes don't even log in.

As far as logos, I would not be the person. I have never done it before.

When does everyones season start? WV is Oct. 15th.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

We start on October 1st and go till usually Jan 1st. Lots of time to bag one!!!

As far as team captain, it does not matter to me.
As far as the logo, if someone on our team cannot I will check with my brother, he is good at it.

Lets get this name figured out!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys....let's get this thing figured out. We need a captain,a team name, and someone that can make us a logo.

Any nominations or volunteers?

A little about me.....
I'm 38, married, 2 kids (boy -7.5, girl 4.5). I am a loan officer fora large mortgage broker. I have been hunting for 25years, and bowhunting for 20years. Taken alot of game with the bow, but never a true whopper.

Ihunt in VA and WV both. I live in the mountains in VA (northern shenandoah valley), not far from WV. I own 38acres that is part of 100acres of family land. We have a decent amount of deer here, but not many whoppers. I did take a nice buck here about 3 years ago...115" 8pt. That is realistically about as big of a deer I can expect to get, if I got a good one. I'm sure there are some slightly bigger than that around, but not much. We only have 3 entries in P&Y in my county EVER!

I also hunt our lease in WV about an hour from my home. It is a family owned farm of one of the guys in our club. We have 12 members, of which about only 3 hunt seriously. It's about 1000 acres. It's a great place to hunt. There are more & better deer there than at my house, but again...our overall area just doesn't produce the monsters. I have seen a few that would probably go P&Y there over the last 15years, but tagging one is another story. My personal goal anywhere I hunt is to shoot a nice mature buck, or no buck at all. So usually I end up dropping the string on some does, while holding out for the big one. We started letting all the small ones walk on this farm about 7years ago. We've shot about 300 does also. It is getting better every year. Buck to doe ratio is alot better than it was, and the bucks are getting nicer. We now see plenty of 2.5 year old bucks every season, and some older. It used to be we saw 30 does for every buck, and that buck was a scrub at best. Now I've passed as many as 25 bucks in one season, with several being decent racked. We do have a problem with the surrounding farms shooting everything and way over their limits. Road hunting is awful there too. But theres not much we can do about it. Hey, hopefully this will be my year! Last season I didn't get to hunt that much, since I started a new job. I aim to change that this year!!! Like I said earlier...last weekend I saw 4 different bucks that were all probably bumping 100". I'm hoping to get a close up look at some of them to see if they make the cut!

I also have a few other places that I hunt a time or two each year....that sometimes yield a whopper, and a co-worker of mine offered to take me with him to a hot spot he has that is in a residential area, so I'm kinda siked to see how that pans out.

My VA season starts at the beginning of Oct, WV is 2 weeks later (mid Oct). So I have plenty of time to hunt calendar wise. Now it's just a matter of making it happen!

I know we have a few fairly new members to this site, so here's a little background on the site. I've been a member of this board since 2000. There are alot of good guys here, and most of the time it remains very civil. This site has improved alot over the years with people and technology. If you notice...alot of folks have the same start up date of 2/12/03. That is when they overhauled the site completely...and everyone started over. It has improved greatly since then, and just keeps getting better.

Glad to be a part of the team with you guys, and I hope to get to know each of you personally Now lets put a whoopin on these bunch of pansies...

What about you guys? Let's hear it...

~Mike
Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

How about Team Last Place!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Hey WV Hunter you better take the bull by the horns on this one! I nominate you captain! Now go get em tiger
Old 08-19-2005, 09:11 AM

You know how I feel about the captain -- the one with the most posts get my vote. As far as a name, I'm game for anything. Logos, I think uphunter will be the best since no one else has stepped up.

Maybe we need to put a time limit on this stuff to be decided and done!

I live in Beckley, WV. I do telecommunications work in Charleston. I'm 27yrs old and engaged with no kids. Mostly bow hunt in the bow only counties. This year will be my first year for trophy hunting. I hunt till the last day of bow season. The area I hunt is public land but without all the traffice. We have thousands of acres that go unharmed every year. Its short and sweet but we'll have more time to talk.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mantis Mayer

How about Team Last Place!
LOL, sorry MM we can't have 2 last place teams! And since that spot is reserved for Team Button Busters (5), we'll have to let you guys have it!Wewouldn't want to steal your thunder
Old 08-19-2005, 09:51 AM

For a team name, lets vote. Name with the most votes wins. Just copy and paste before you vote. Heres a list of names from a earlier post:

Team Nub Buck -
Team Slickheads -
Team Blood Trailers -
Team Long Tines-
Team Tall Tines (TTT) -
Team Lung Busters-
Team Buck Busters -
Team Buck Slayers-
Team Rack Masters -
Team Arrow Slingers-
Team Arrowheads -
Team Buck Stoppers -
Team Antler Addicts -
Team BloodtrailBuck Bandits - I
Team Ball Busters -
Team WANAWUPSUMAZZ -

Old 08-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

And afew more...

Team Hammer Slammers-
Team Rack'm & Stack'm-
The DeThroners-
Team 25 Wide-
Team Taxidermy Bill-
Team 1000 Inches-

Team Nub Buck -
Team Slickheads -
Team Blood Trailers -
Team Long Tines-
Team Tall Tines (TTT) -
Team Lung Busters-
Team Buck Busters -
Team Buck Slayers-
Team Rack Masters -
Team Arrow Slingers-
Team Arrowheads -
Team Buck Stoppers -
Team Antler Addicts -
Team BloodtrailBuck Bandits - I
Team Ball Busters -
Team WANAWUPSUMAZZ -

LOL, I don't know...just throwing out some more ideas.I'm still trying to decide what I like best for a name.

It looks like I have the most posts...I'll be gladto do it if no one else wants to. Whatever you guys think.

Quick Reply: Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.