Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:45 AM

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

How about Team Nub Buck, Team Slickheads, Team Blood Trailers...???

This is hard!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wecome huntinwv! I hunt the northeastern part of WV. Lots of deer, but not many big ones. Hopefully I'll meet up with mr big this season
Old 08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntinwv

How about Team Nub Buck, Team Slickheads, Team Blood Trailers...???

This is hard!!!
LOL...you know you hunt in WV when those are the first names that come to mind [8D]You forgot Team Dink Masters
Oh thats already taken by Team 8!!! Thats what they will be this year(hopefully)!

I'm trying to thing of some also. Not having much luck right now[&:]How about Team Long Tines or Team Tall Tines? Thats about all I can come up with so far....heck I don't know.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:13 PM

I just thought it would be cool to have a name like Team Slickhead and then smoke everybody out of the contest.

Doesn't matter to me...I'll just wait till everyone reports in and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the pm to remind me...
Old 08-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greetings team mates-checkin in. With Woodland Bucks hunting them BIG Iowa Bucks & me also we should have more than a chance at doing everyone else in-PLUS, with the UP of Mich. for uphunter15 (I know some biggies run those woods)-I will do a little Bowhunting in Nov. around Hayward, Ws. BUT spent many of my younger days Bowhunting & Guiding around Boulder Jct., Ws. right on the UP boarder. As for joejr69 of NY, they got some bruisers running that state also & not down town. I came through that area from Quebec a couple times & you got some WILD country. Don't know too much about KY. Or W.Va but know they get some sleeper bucks every year.
I did NOT fill my Buck tag last year as I stated last year-I have taken many Deer in 49 years of Bowhunting & it's gonna be big if Ishoot at one at all-just a personal thing with me & 3 Bucks I been after for the last 3 years. I did fill a bonus Doe tag that I donated to a needy family & will probably do the same this year. I have had a busy summer (I am retired) & even managed a couple (successful) out of state hog Bowhunts. June 20th was my last with about a 140+ pound porker
& another one that escaped the freezer. 90 + degrees BUT lots of fun.
Anyway-if nothing else, we will give all the hotshots a run for their money..
Glad to be a part of your team-hope this old man can be of assistance....
Old 08-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

huntinwv...I hear ya. I could go for team slickheads, especially since I shoot 3 or 4 a year at least! [8D]Since you are in those bow only counties, I know theres some nice deer down there. In the part of WV I hunt, there are a ton of deer, but not alot of whoppers. But I did a couple that were probably in the100" range this past weekend. Hopefully I'll get a better look come bow season

ahunter...welcome aboard!!! We're glad to have ya!

RETIRED = LOTS OF HUNTING TIME !!!!! We like that
Old 08-16-2005, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

huntinwv...I hear ya. I could go for team slickheads, especially since I shoot 3 or 4 a year at least! [8D]
Well, ya gotta take what you can get...... Just member....they only count if they got horns......

GO TEAM 5!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:59 PM

Hey all..........My name is Tyler and I am checking in. This is going to be the best year for this team cause we are going to wooppp some deer Anal. LoL but yea this this going to be a good year i can tell because we have a great team together so far.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone- glad to see everyone is so active this early. I have been extremely busy the past couple of days, but will be on here alot this season. My daughter and I have been scouting between 3 and 5 nights a week and have found 10 Pope and Young or better bucks so far in the areas we hunt. I will be holding out for at least a Pope and Young buck, hopefully the guy who was about 160" a month ago. I saw him 3 nights in a row in the same place and then the corn matured, haven't seen him since. They tend to follow the corn around here, so my brother-in-law and I will do the same. I hope we all can put together a good hunting season and shut that team 8 up.

Team names:

Lung Busters Buck Busters
Buck SlayersRack Masters
Arrow Slingers Arrowheads
Buck StoppersAntler Addicts
BloodtrailBuck Bandits Ball Busters

Good luck this season everyone.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Team WANAWUPSUMAZZ

Looking forward to hearing all the stories from you guys. Hope this year is a productive one and makes the years of passing on the decent bucks worth while. I havent shot any monsters in my neck of the woodsbut sure would like to. Give me a 16"+ spread and eight or more nice tines and I would be happy. Heck, give me eight or more nice long tines and I would be happy. This is gonna bea fun year!!!

WANAWUPSUMAZZ I do!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.