Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

12 more long days for me.weather has been in the 80's this is crazy for this time of year.keep us updated it's all thats keeping me sane!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:34 AM

Checked my plotslast nightand man the bear and deer are tearing up the corn! The oats are doing great and yes, the deer is in them also. Going to hang two more stands this weekend.

Ya'll shoot straight!
Old 10-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

I finally got back and got out last night. We had a cold front move in and it seemed to help the deer activity. I had 3 bucks walk within 15 yards of me. A small spike, a basket racked 6 pointer and an 8 pointer that went somewhere around 80 or 90 inches. I let them all walk. I am still waiting for that bruiser. It seems as the majority of the deer are still in the corn. I will be going out this weekend, and will let you know how it goes. Good luck to everyone, and shoot straight!!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't been seeing a whole lot this weekend. I shot a doe this morning. It is nice to get the first one of the year out of the way. She came in about 8:15 this morning. I made a 20-yard broadside shot on her. The muzzy busted through both lungs and came to rest in the brush behind her. She ran about 35-40 yards and died. I'll be eating venison for dinner! Now I need to find my Pope and Young. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Been out the last couple of mornings and shot one, a spike with the camera and a few does. I take the digital with me when I remember soI can show what I pass up. Forgot it thismorning but didn't see any bucks just does.

Congrats Woodline on the doe. I wait until it gets a bit colder so I can let mine hang a couple days, besides, my wife has me doing the honeydos right now so there is no time to cut one up unless he scores well!!!! I will be burning a week of vacation to hang drywall in our house. We are gutting it and redoing the electrical and such, fun fun!!! Should be done that week and then I will be taking my second week during primetime!!!!

Good luck team!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...

Woodline, congrats on the slickhead! Now go get that hammer

UP...keep up the good work. Passing the dinks will pay off.

The rain we had fri/sat washed my sat morning hunt out, but I guess I can't really complain. We got about 4" and needed it soooo bad. That was the first measurable rain we've had since the 3rd week of August. I am especially glad for it considering I planted my clover field on 9/1, and basically haven't had a drop on it until now. I was hoping to have a nice plot growing by now...but oh well.

I will be heading to WV for the opener next Sat. Hopefully mr big will cooperate and I can get some points for the team!

Good luck guys
Old 10-10-2005, 07:34 AM

Woodline, congrats on the doe!!! Now its time for the big boy.

Uphunter, it has to be hard to not lower the boom on one of them. Great job with the patience!! It will pay off.

WVhunter, I'll be there for the first day also. I'm not expecting much, as far as big bucks, but I'll be there just in case he shows himself. Glad you got some rain. My plot looks great now.

Good luck ya'll!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I hope it pays off!!! I have been passing on decent bucks for the last couple of years hoping to get a shot at my wallmounter. I would never shoot a spike, I would rather put a doe in the freezer which I do once or twice a year depending on how many tags I have filled. I get a lot of flak at camp for not shooting nice bucks that I consider to be a tad too small to take with thoughts of next year seeing them cross my path with a great rack. I will know if the buck in front of me is the one I want and it will be my choice to take it. I just want to see bigger deer and they can't get there if they get shot and the old schoolers don't understand that, they just want to be able to say they shot a buck and there he is hanging on the pole and then, like usual, I get to do the majority of cutting them up since I process deer for people. ( I dont get paid from family).

Will be out in the woods on Wednesday bright and early. I am goint to sit one of my new stands to see what is happening, just havent decided which one yet. Later!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck everyone!! I am taking my oldest daughter out tomorrow night for her first ever deerhunt. She is 4, and will be going along to see what happens. She is so excited, I hope we are lucky enough to see some deer moving and really create some excitement for her. We will have a good time no matter what happens. I will also be out later this week for my buck. Again, good luck and shoot straight.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:06 AM

Tommorrow starts the season here in WV. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Quick Reply: Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.