Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

Go get that buck gamehunter!! I don't know anything about a doe contest. If I did know the rain dance I would be doing it wv, things are very dry here. Only two more long weeks until the opener. Good luck everyone!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's get em guys! Oct 1 here in VA, and the 15th in WV.

I still have stands to hang and much to do. Theres never enough time it seems.

huntinwv, glad to hear you got itplanted. I have been trying a rain dance myself. Evidently I can't do it right. We haven't had a drop of rain in 3 weeks, and of course my clover is just laying there. [&:]LOL

Yes TJF put the hurting on us! The way he had been seeing and patterning the deer....I figured he had a good chance. Congrats to him, that is a great deer! But that is probably the last deer they will get on that team [8D]

Go TEAM 25 WIDE!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

My bro in law and I are going to hang treestands this weekend. Hopefully we will be ready then. Broadheadds are tightened up and all my arrows are refletched. Putting some great groups together with them. Hopefully the deer will cooperate when the season opens. Good luck to everyone, lets show em how to win this thing!
Old 09-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Just checking in to make sure everyone is alive. Hopefully gamehunter is grinning from ear to ear from a successful hunt. Not much going on here, harvest is slowly getting under way.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Just got out of the woods with my 4 yr old. We went in scouting last Wednesday and found a nice spot just south of our spring fed creek. It is a heavy trail and has good cover on both ends, I went right in the middle for a perfect ambush about 20 yards from the trail. I just have to go back and do a little clearing for shooting lanes. Getting excited!!!

Gamehunter got a buck???
Old 09-21-2005, 09:28 AM

Good luck on your new spot uphunter!!

Nothing has changed for me lately. I got my pics back from the camera and have some small 6, 8, and 10 pt bucks. This area, where I had my camera, is not where I'll be during the rut. There is some big bucks around but not much. Just too much poaching! Practicing a couple of days a week and just waiting for Oct. 15th. Oh yea, and some rain too.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Went out to our camp today mostly to do some work but went for a ride on the 4 wheeler to check out the stands. Some heavy trails going through the stand I named "Porkie Post" due to me climbing in the stand and a porkie was above me and another decided climb the tree after I did and try to mate with it. This is the first chance I have had to get out there and do any scouting and boy has it grown up in there, we just had it cut a couple of years ago and it is really taking off now. The stand should be a good one again with all the sign around, hope the big six I saw last year comes around again (if he made it) and is a BIG eight or ten this year.

It is so nice to have two tracks of private land to hunt, now I just need to harvesta big boy out of one of them!!!! Man I am getting excited!!! How is everyone elses preparation going???
Old 09-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't made contact in a while. I have been orienting in my new job and continuing my scouting trips. I have not seen alot latetly, they seem to have made the change to their fall patterns in the corn. I saw my first buck in quite some time tonight, a very small 6 point. Only one more week until season opens. I can't wait. Good luck to you all!
Old 09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much either lately....been slammed busy myself. I did manage to get a couple stands hung up in the last week, but still have at least 4 to hang, and no time to do it

Season starts in Va in a week, and I am definitely not ready. Not to mention that I have a trade show to do this whole weekend, which means I will be slam busy most likely for the next few weeks. But hey, thats ok. The best time for me where I hunt is usually Nov anyhow.

Hopefully some of our team will score early so we can get on the board. My best bet will be in WV probably. At least my stands are hung there, and in pretty good spots as well. Now if I can just get mr big to cooperate on the 15th

Good luck guys...I'll be checking in as often as I can. Let me know if anyone needs anything!

~Mike

Old 09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Only 2 days until the opener, not sure how much I will get to hunt the first few days though. I will be out by next weekend though. I saw 3 bucks of Pope and Young quality last night. I hope to get a crack at one of them. Good luck to everyone!!

Quick Reply: Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.