Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 25 Thread

Forgot to attach the pic. From my thumb to my middle finger tip is about 8 inches and I am about 12-15 inches away from the tree with my hand. I didn't want to touch the rub while I took the picture.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice rub up! Good luck on tagging one of them big boys!

I had a cedar tree at our prop in WV that was about that size and was rubbed 5yrs in a row. Nobody ever saw that deer....but it had to be a whopper! I think my chances of killing a bigger buck are better in WV, than at my house in VA...mainly because we have alot more property up there. Lots of places to hide. I know there are several big ones around, there always are. But the odds of seeing them in daylight are slim. I did see one that went about 130"-135" about 7yrs ago. Had him at 35yds quartering away, but he was WAY too nervous. I didn't want to botch that deal on such a nice deer. I wish he was about 10yds closer. [&:]That is by far the biggest I've ever seen bowhunting. The biggest ever registerd in the P&Y book out of the 2 counties I hunt is 137", and the total (as of last year) was 5 entries between the 2 counties. Man my odds are stacked! [8D]

My goal is tosomeday put one in there, hopefully it will be this year for TEAM 25 WIDE!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Nice looking rub up, good luck to everyone!

Here in Iowa we are very fortunate. The partof Iowa I hunt isn't the best part, but will have a good share of big deer. I have spotted this Summer alone, 11 different Pope & Young bucks. I believe that one or two of them will score well over 150", but it is so hard to tell when they are in velvet. We tend to follow the corn around here, as it seems the nice deer do as well. I learned a hard lesson last year shooting a buck that was about 100", which was not to shoot until I get to see the whole rack. The deer was as wide as its ears, but had no tine length. I missed out on the rut and kicked myself ever since. I will be hunting for a Pope & Young buck or better. I probably won't get him until November though. My brother-in-law also hunts with me, and has taken P&Y bucks the last 2 years. One he stalked up on just before dark, the other he took out of one of our treestands that is traditionally a good buck stand. I will bow hunt between 35 & 65 days this year depending on how many days I have a babysitter for my kids. I will be hunting for a solid week during the rut. I can't wait for November to get here. All my stands will be in place before next weekend ends.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:03 AM

I hunt in a bow only county as well as gun counties. The bow only produces the biggest bucks in the state. A person can expect anything from a funky looking spike to a state record. This year is the first time for me to trophy hunt. I will be hunting from Nov. 12th to 26th. I have one on my wall this is around 140" and I will try to get bigger than that. Gosh, how many more weeks...
Old 08-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I saw a 100" buck last night on a scouting trip around my area. Deer movement has really slowed downn here in the last week to 10 days. I don't expect to see a lot for another couple weeks when they begin to take the beans out of the fields. This hot weather can go anytime too. One month to go, which will seem like a year.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just checkin in with the team again. I don't get much time on the forum, but I'll be in every now and then with an update. I've been out doing some scouting, and have been seeing a few good looking bucks. I'm going out this weekend to set up a few stand locations. I should have some good pics within the next week or so from my stealthcam. I'll keep you all posted on how things are going. Also, I thought I'd let you all know that I drew out for one of the Oklahoma draw hunts. I was lucky enough to draw one of the premier hunts that the wildlife dept offers. A couple of weeks ago, I went down to the location that we drew out for, (me, my brother, and two other friends). I saw some trully unbelievable bucks while I was there. The hunt is primitive archery equipment only, so I'll be hunting with a self made longbow. The hunt is the first weekend of November and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll keep you all posted on how it turns out, there are some really nice bucks at this particular management area. Good luck to everyone else!!
Old 08-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go John Deer, good luck on your hunt! I just wanted to check in and let you know I saw an awesome 10 point in one of our spots last night. I am guessing him around 150, give or take. I got him on video, was truly awesome to see. I am sure there are some bigger ones out there though. Don't get me wrong, I will shoot him if I get the chance. One more long month.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Woodline...pm me directions out...I'm on my way! Man that is awesome...I would give anything to see a buck like that. Heck it would probably look like a 200" er to me, since I'm used to seeing 80" bucks as the better ones. Good luck, I have faith you can do it! And yes...another month here too. Oct seems sooooo far away sometimes.

John Deer....that sounds good! Good luck, sounds pretty cool. And that would be awesome to take a deer wtih a self made bow...too cool.

Not much news for me to report for now. Oh, I saw a doe the other day on my driveway [8D]LOL
Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hello everyone, having trouble getting the logo uploaded. Any help?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: uphunter15

Think I am going to leave the logo alone so I don't screw anything up. I got hit with some spyware and adware and just got it cleaned up so now things are working properly again. As far as 2nd in command, no problem, I can talk smack, I can make logos (can't remember how I did it though) and I can hunt!!!

As far as getting the logo. right click on the logo, go to properties and copy the url address. paste this in your signature line in betweeen and it should work. If you have problems let me know.
Hope this helps. Don't forget to typewhat is in bold.... Just try and see what happens

Quick Reply: Official Team 25 WIDE (25) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.