Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Looks like either a Mod or Admin got ahold of our official thread title and has temporarily named us Team Fear This.

However, until someone comes up with a better name I think I'll leave it.
Any objections?
Old 08-17-2005, 03:06 PM

I'd leave it....it sounds good to me. For a logo we should have a guy
dressed in camo with bow in handand a frown on his face and his wife standing next to the lawnmower with her arms crossed. The little thinking bubbles comming out of her head and in the big one it says "FEAR THIS".With all the hunting I got planned I hope the grass doesn't grow or i'll be pushing up daisies.

Rick.....I hunt Hardwick....Walden.....Derby area. I will be in CT
the last of sept and the first of Nov. I will also be bow hunting for
moose with my dad in D2 the 22-27 of Oct. I will also be videoing
my nephews moose hunt and helping get it out of the woods. We
got lucky and drew 2 tags for D2 this year.

Good Luck,
G
Old 08-17-2005, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Official Team 24 Thread - Fear This

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Hey Slayer,
I hunt just west of Rock Bridge. Got 80 acres family owned. Just me and my son (Matt) bow hunt it. This is our 4th season. Matt got a nice 8 point last year.Scored just over 98. I got a broken leg. Are you the guy that put the arrow in your hand? Anyway I do not know of that shop. I go to Pappas Trading Post in Arena. Got the xTec there lastyear for$599when others wanted $719.Jermey is a good guy and he just built a new indoor 40 yard range.
As for EABwe are in theManagement zone. Nice we donot have EAB this year exceptin October. Lastyear we dropped a couple of does opening weekendto earn thetags and based on all the does I am getting on the camera we will be doing that again thisyear too. EAB for us is during the rut.It will be nice to be able to shoot a buck if one comes by that first night though.
What is your Dad's company. The neighbors just north of uswere going to do some logging last year but it did not get done. They are on Shellington Road off of Hwy. D. The guys name is Norm Miller. Has a lot of pines that need thinning. Maybe your Dad is the one that was going to do that. If so that would becool to know.
Good luck to you this season. I know there are some real nice bucks in Grant county. Never hunted Crawford but I have heard good things from there too.
Rock Bridge? Hell, I was there last week. We were looking at sometimber ofan old guy, head of the VFW in RC or Richland County, I can't remember. Really great guy.Dad's company is Nelson Hardwoods Inc. I really doubt it was us if it was pine. We don't mess around with much pine unless we get a few trees mixed in with hardwoods. If ya ever want some trees taken out at your land, give me a PM. Hard maple is especially hot right now, and we got 2 crews cutting around Rock Bridge right now. There really is alot of pine around Rock Bridge and Pine Creek.

Yeah, that would be me, the fine fellow who shattered a carbon arrow and had the back 7" of it go into my hand. It was this time of year last year when I did it too. I still get a bit of pain with it, still have carbon fiber splinters in my left hand too.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slayer,
Yeah the guy was going to have is pine woods thinned out. Probably not your Dad then. We have some maple on our place but it is owned by my Dad and he does not want to do any cutting. He wants it to just be left alone. I do want to have someone out someday and look at the timber but that will probably not be for about 10 more years. I am still trying to convince him that it could be a good thing. Might have to wait until I own it and then I will get the timber money. What does a decent Hard Maple go for right now? Might help me convince him.
Glad your hand is going better. Sorry to hear you are still having some pain though. I check my arrows all the time now after hearing what happened to you last year. I still remember you posting about it. Not something I ever want to deal with.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:50 PM

WIhunter, check your PM box. I sent you some information on getting the timber looked at just to see how much is there.

Checked my Cuddeback last night expecting to find some deer on camera. 6 of 8 new pics were of racoons frolicking around at different parts of the night, and one of a coyote. one little buck. maybe later i'll get some larger bucks on cam.

slayer
Old 08-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any photoshoppers on here that can make a cool logo for us?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

How is this logo? Any suggestions?

Has anyone talked to beerNbones or seen him post anything lately? He hasn't checked in yet.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Typical Buck

nice logo.....i like it.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

How is this logo? Any suggestions?

Has anyone talked to beerNbones or seen him post anything lately? He hasn't checked in yet.

Good Work......
Old 08-22-2005, 10:35 AM

I like it.....I think we have a new Capt.

G

Quick Reply: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.