Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Newb--I remember a quite a few years back when I was 17,My friend asked if I want to go to Florida with him and his parents.We invited another friend along for some extra company.We went to Daytona Bike Week.It was probably the best trip I have been on.His parents left us alone and we had all the freedome in the world.Talk about a good time.We stayed at the K.O.A campgrounds with the camper to cut costs down on the trip and thats when I seen my first Armadillo.Talk about cute.I actually had one eat right out of my hands.They were all over the place.I think thats when we were in Orlando---cant remember though,been awhile.And wasnt in very good shape all the time to remember
Are Armadillos known as pests?
Not sure if I would hunt the everglades or not.Just not to comfortable hunting with the alligators and poisoness snakesBut I guess we have the coyotes,wolves and bears to worry about here.And when it gets cold,ITS REAL COLD----AND I LOVE IT
Good luck with this being your first year on big game.Remember size dosnt matter,take the one you want .I will be expecting to see some pics soon enough
Old 10-06-2005, 12:14 PM

NewbHunter. I live outside of Willmar which is West Central Minnesota. Lots of farmland (soybeans anc corn) dotted with thick stands of woods. I mostly hunt in our and our neighbor's woods (with permission of course) that borders a pretty big state park where no hunting is allowed.

Anyway, went out last night for an hour and a half after work. No horned up, ticked off bucks but four does that skirted the edge of the woods about 50 yards away before heading out into the alfalfa. Tried some light rattling a few times. Ran across a couple more does walking back in near complete darkness. Very cold and windy. I was in a big tree in the midddle of the woods and swaying it with at times.

Have a nice Thanksgiving weekend Extreme and hope all goes well gettint to hunt that new land in the future. Antler Eater, I was reading in another post that you are the man for getting people set up and helping them scout. Hope all goes well helping your friend get some deer on the land he's going to hunt. He sounded frustrated.

Good luck everybody. Have to get back to work and go to parent night at daycare. We have a 13 month old. I'm not really sure he understands it but I think its more a big deal for the parents.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

Extreme, I have not seen any signs of rubs or scrapes so far. Hopefully they will start poping up soon.
Acorns just started to drop in my driveway, I can't ever remember them dropping so late in the year, it's a good sing none the less.
GOOD LUCK ALL
Old 10-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

opps... sign [8D]
Old 10-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Just bumping our thread to the top. Lol
Old 10-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for bumping us Newb
Well just got home from a thanksgiving dinner with about 22 adults,alot of kids and some beer-----lol----all friends.We have this dinner every year.Its a way to get the "gang"together.
Last nite we went to the wifes brothers for dinner.And tomorrow will be heading to Kingston for yet another dinner.I will be out in the morn though.This weekend is really putting a damper on the hunting.But its all worth it getting to spend time with friends and family.Sometimes we all dont get together as much as we should.
My buddy and I went for a drive around the field tonight,after dinner.This is the owners daughter that had the dinner.We seen 2 does in one field heading into the thick stuff.We headed down the highway a bit and seen 12 deer in the other field.We dont hunt this property but not far from ours.I think this cooler weather is really getting things moving(3c)in the morns.A little more comfortable for hunting.(around 38f)
Have any of you guys read what happened to me saturday morn?
Its on page 2 now I think titled"one exciting morning"to say the least,it was an experience I will never forget----lol
Well guys I gotta head off to bed soon,getting up early in the morn,then heading out for dinner in the aft---wish me luck.
And good luck to the rest of you guys
We will get one on the board soon-----I can feel it
Old 10-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason!

Good luck in the morning ,hopefully you put some point's pon the board for team mail men .
You said you had dinner with all your friend's this evening ,you forgot that one wasn't there "ME" don't forget next time .
I read your post on your hunt yesterday ,sure sound's a tad exciting to me as well ,but if you need my tag ,let me know LOL

nubo
Old 10-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

John----if I see him again,during shooting hours he will be shot.A little to curious and friendly which makes me nervious.I will be calling you up and you can drive the 4 hours and tag him for me-----lol
The wife wants to go back to Toronto to do a little christmas shopping at the Vaughn mills outlet.Of course I will be heading up for the Bass Pro shop.I will definately get back to ya about the date and time.It will probably be later this month she thinks.
Till then my friend----good luck and be safe
PS---next time the "gang"will be at your place for dinner-----lol
Old 10-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's fine by me Jason ,"BUT" I'll have to get permission from the boss LOL

nubo
Old 10-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Hey extreme glad u had a good time at that dinner and got to spend some time with ur family. Hopefully u let off a shot soon at that buck. Good luck.

Oh and LOL at ur one exciting morning story.

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.