Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 10-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Beautiful elk Antler Eater Congrats!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back louis,great to have you back posting on the team thread.
I am sure you will be out hunting before the season ends and I wish you luck

Tell us a little more about yourself.
Hopefully the cast will be off soon.Maybe next time you will be a little more careful playing tackle football before openerJust kiddin with ya bud,glad to have you here.
Now we just have to get the other members back on line

My guy is having his last hockey practice tonight before the teams are made.So a little bragging from his proud daddy----2 coaches are fighting to get them on their team,ya he is good,I mean ,real good
I wont be there tonight,as I am working the afternoon shift,but the wife will let me know what the outcome is.Hard to find a good goalie these days
I'll stop bragging about my son now,probably everyone getting sick of it EH---lol------just real proud of him and his accoplishments(sp)
Good luck with anyone hunting today---go get him
Jason
Old 10-04-2005, 12:22 PM

Louis, good to have you posting. We definitely want you on the team still. You will be our ace in the hole at the end of the season. On a sidenote, there was a cool story about this guy on a Minnesota hunting forumwho's drawing arm was permanently damaged and instead of using a cross bow, he uses his teeth to pull the string back. Now that would take some practice.

Cool about your son Jason. No need to apologize for the bragging. That's awesome.

I may try tonight. We had a good rain that cooled things downand if it holds off, I'll try the new stand location a few hours before sundown. I stopped home on my lunch break and as I turned down the driveway I saw the 8 point I've been seeing a few hundred yards away almost on the front porch of a farmhouse. He enjoys mocking me.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Yup hopefully i can get out there before season ends. My name is Louis i currently live in south FL and im 17. I mostly hunt white-tail deer but enjoy some small game hunting also. I hunt public land only which kind of sucks but its not to bad because they are still some nice spots. I mostly bow hunt but am planning on picking up my first rifle next year when i turn 18. Hope everyone good luck thats out there trying.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:06 PM

Hey Louis. So what is the terrain like on the public land that you hunt? Lot of pressure there or does it mostly come during gun season? What kind of rifle are you thinking about getting or using for gun hunting?

Didn't get out tonight. Rain and lighteninglet up just before dark. Anywhoo, best I didn't anyways. It's not safe out there. I noticed on the Active Scrape bottle that it says it enrages and sexually arouses deer. So I'm gonna have to be careful on the way to my stand now, looking out for horny pissed off bucks.

Jason, do you celebrate the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday like we do in the U.S., with a traditional feast and family get togehter? Or does it have a different meaning? What's the story on the different timing? Just happens that way? Kind of interested to know.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Hey chucker sorry about rain and lighting. But dont worry about it you'll be out there in no time. Watch out with that Active Scarpe. Lol.

Well the terrain over here for the most part is flat, and swampy. The weather is a killer here also. Its so hot out there and its like that most of the year. If ur not walking in the swamp ur walking on 2-5" of rain water lol. I think its hard hunting but its a good challenge.

I can see ur from Minnesota. How is the terrain/weather up there? I have some family that lives there, they always want me to visit lol. They live in Woodburry which is a suburb of St. Paul, MN. Do u live anywhere near them?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Sweet Elk Antler, I am envious [8D]
Glad to see you in here posting Newb

Things have been pretty slow at the lease, went out Saturday saw a couple of small does, to far to shoot.
They are talking rain Friday and Saturday, temps still in the low 70's
I should get out all day again Saturday.
next week is supposed to be alot cooler.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey I can now tell you guys what a deer looks like![&:]

After seven hours on the stand spread out over five days I finally saw some deer from the stand. Like so much of the country our 90 degree weather finally left and the temps fell into the forties during the last bit of light this evening and what a difference it made in the deer movement.

I could only get out for the last hour of the day but I had four deer within range. A doe with twin fawns and a smallish psycho eight pointer. He really put on a show for me. The cool windy weather obviously had him feeling frisky as he was running, jumping, twisting in the air, kicking up his heels and shaking his head. He would run up this steep hill and then run all the way back down sometimes performing his ungulate pirouetts in the process.He did this about three times. It was fun to watch, I literally laughed out loud at his antics. It was so windy he couldn't hear me. I suppose he approached the 100 inch mark as far as size goes. There are bigger and better "fish" to fry than this frisky thespian buckaroo.

We are expecting the weather to cool down into the thirties the next few nights that should help. There is still a lot of corn in the fields however. Perhaps I can catch one of the big boys making a mistake....I can always hope.

Later......

Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,hows everyone making out?
Chuck----I seen in one of my hunting magazines a while back about a guy that had a problem with his shoulder.He also had some contraption made up to shoot his bow with his mouth as well.It was actually pretty cool.You must be a pretty serious bowhunter to have the time and patience to learn how to shoot with your mouth.I keep all my mags and will try to find the article,if time allows.Dont want to cut into to much spare time as I will be in the woods when these moments arise----lol
Our Thanksgiving is really the same as yours.We get together with friends and family every year and have a good time.The guys are usually in the rec-room or out side drinking beer,chatting about hunting,fishing,the hockey game and so on.Women are usually in the house gossiping about whatever comes up---lol.The meal is great with a big turkey and more food to feed an army.Why the timing is almost a month apart from you americans is beyond me but will certainly like to hear the reasioning as well.
Good luck with the mocking 8 pointer,go teach him a lession

NewbHunter---Yep,it sure is nice to see you back with the guys and posting.I sure hope the cast comes off soon and you can get out hunting ASAP.I really gotta give you guys from the southern states some credit.Hunting in that heat would just kill meMaybe we are just accustomed to different temps.
What kind of bow do you shoot?and how long have you been hunting for?Good luck to you this season

SIDEWAYS----Glad to hear your at least seeing some does.Been pretty slow all around the country I think.This heat is really taking its toll on the deer and the hunters alike.Glad to hear its starting to cool off a bit.Should really liven things up.Have the deer started scraping and rubbing alot in your area?I have seen one scrape here.Should really start picking up this weekend I hope.Good luck to you on friday and saturday.

Antler Eater-----LMAO---I love watching young deer make an A$$ out of themselves when they get real frisky like that.I have seen this quite a few times,but mostly with the older does that have "busted"me on field edges when I am getting a feel for some new place.She will stand there and blow at me till her face turnes blue.This happened last year as I was sitting along the field edge.She came up from behind me,behind the bush line on the fence and started blowing.She must have been there for 15 min and I got so mad I stood up and yeld at her to get lost---lol.She almost jumped out of her hide.I laughed so hard I new my evening was going to be a flop.It was--lol.but I had fun .

I see the temps are dropping to mormal temps all across the country.ITS ABOUT TIME.Think the temp is supposed to be around 16c on sat.(64f)Still to darn hot but alot better then what it has been.Just keeping my fingers crossed that the sun is shining,frost on the ground and very little wind.

I may have some good news for myself as well.I have a good friend That lives in the country.He knows an elderly lady across the road from him that owns a big farm.He is going to find out if I can hunt on her property this year.Its beautiful land and alot of nice deer have been spotted by myself and him.Only problem is she had some rifle hunters on there last year and they shot one of her cows(by accident)I may go and talk to her myself late sat morn as well and assure her I will be very careful,ethecal and will never put an arrow in one of her cows.I am just keeping my fingers crossed.I am sur this will be a great spot in the evenings and late in the season when the rut kicks in.My buddy rifle hunts now and wants to get into archery for next year,so this farm may be a great shared spot for the 2 of us.Keeping my fingers crossed.

I wonder how the other team members are making out.Hopefully we will hear from them soon.
Take care guys,and good luck
Jason
Old 10-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys hows it going? Well i hope everyones doing alright. Well Extreme im currently shooting a PSE Bruin set at 55#'s (was at 60#'s but lowered it to be more comfortable). I havent been hunting for long. There a story behind me and hunting lol. When i was 12 one of my moms friend took me to a farm his friend owned which was 700 acres and i killed a couple of armadillos and some rabbits but i wasnt really into hunting. About 3 years after I start realizing how much fun i had so i started getting myself back into it. This will be my first year actually hunting big game and i been shooting my bow for about 6 months. For my first year i have been seen alot of game i have a really nice spot on pub. land which in one day i saw about 20 does 3 bucks and about 15 hogs. Its really nice out there in the everglades but the hunting is hard. Sometimes it really gets to me when i have to walk thrue water all the time. We do have some spots which is more dry which is not to bad but the weather is just to much. hopefully it cools down some because its just to much to handle lol.

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.