Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:46 AM

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Thanks Jason. I checked and the arrows are the Dominator version. I actually bought a dozen by grabbing two six arrow packs - one 200 and one 300. All have been cut so I don't feel right returning them. My mistake and will force me to pay closer attention next time. I was shooting both with field tips yesterday at a friend's place and didn't notice until afterward so I didn't do any real testing. I have been practicing exclusively with my muzzy 100 grain 3 blade boradheads for the past month or so--a couple dozen a night at a 3d target that I've been tearing the vitals out of pretty good. I was using a single 300 arrow for that so I will do some more testing tonight or tomorrow night when I get a chance.

I have a Parker BuckHunter that is set up for a 28 inch draw and 65 pounds. I'm usinga peep and a 3 pin sight but only use two - one for 15 yards and one for 25 - and just make adjustments for there. Don't think I'm confident past 25 at this point - nor will the trees on the land I hunt allow me to go further in most instances.

The only complaint with the Parker bow is that the cable guard if that's what you call it has pulled out twice now in the past year. The screw isn't holding it according to the local pro shop who has helped me out a lot. They've just reinserted it with some locktite but told me this time to have Parker send me a new guard and screw. They were very pleasant and had it to me within a few days. So I'm going to replace it the next time it pulls loose.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

I went out in my backyard tonight to shoot a few arrows andjumped a nice looking 6 pointer, I could not tell if he was fully out of velvet or not.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:55 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: extreme1

BUMP
man,here we made it to page 2 again.Whats going on.
We havent heard from a few of the team members in quite some time.They must be real busy scouting and hanging stands.
Antler Eater should be back by now as well.Hopefully he done good,had alot of fun and able to post some picsfor us envious guys
Antler Eater is either lost, still trying to drag his elk out or both!! He will be too tired and not much good for your team the rest of the season. I think next year he should takeboth of us with him to help on his elk hunt. Course he should also have to pay for the whole trip for us since our only concern is helping him out!! Buy us our elktag to show gratitude for our kind thoughtfulness in his reguards.

Tim
Old 09-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

SIDEWAYS,good to hear your seeing some bucks around.I would almost bet he is out of velvet,or at least looing almost all of it by now.
Chuck----good to hear your bow is shooting good for you.Are you goinna stick with the 300's or try the 200's with broadheads.You will pick up some more speed with them but may not get good arrow flight with the 200's[&o]
Matt----glad to hear you are all settled in at school.I am sure we will hear from you alot more now.
Do you have friends and relatives in Sharbot Lake?Man that is cool,only a little over half hour from me.
Has anyone heard from the rest of the team members lately?
would like to hear how everyone is making out
Old 09-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a matter of fact I am back but only for a short while. I will be leaving to go back next week, still looking to score on a bull.

I am glad to see our team communicating so much, I will be even happier when one by one I hear the good news of the bucks falling to the arrows of the Mailmen.

I did help a hunting buddy from Colorado get his first ever deer with a bow while I was gone. It was a dandy mulely, a4X4 200lb plus brute just starting to shed its velvet. If I can get some time and his permission I will post a picture I took of him and his buck. I was lucky enough to spot it as we were passing through a small block of aspens. We stalked to within 25 yards of it after it layed down. It eventually spotted us and took off. I stopped it with my mouth and he made a forty yard shot...game over...

With friends like TJF who needs enemies?

I am pressed for time again this morning but I will get back to you all later.......
Old 09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

7.5 days and counting til bow season opens in MD, although I won't be able to go out until Saturdaymorning.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Extreme, I've been going to Sharbot on vacation since I was about 3, and we recently bought a cottage in 1997. I go there at least once every summer (my parents go about 10-15 times a year). I love it there, so relaxing...it's as if you've escaped from everything. My parents go into to perth shopping on occassion, as well as kingston, but that is fading with time, as I think they've experienced a lot of that and now just want the solitude.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

I'm heading up to the cottage this weekend to do some scouting and perhaps a little trimming, etc. I found a really SWEET spot late in the season last year. I am going to hang a stand or construct a ground blind. I stalked to within 50 yards of about 9 deer... Then, I noticed all the large trees rubbed. If nothing else, I will reserve this spot for the last week of the season, as the deer yard there.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Andrew,sounds to me you found what I call a transition zone.Somewhere the deer will rub,scrape,just generally hang out till dark to head to the fields for a late nite snack.Try to find a spot in this zone where 2 trails will meet,and hang a stand.You will get one.I am sure it will be a much better spot like you mentioned in the end of the year,especially during the rut.Good luck bud.

Havent heard from Little Indian,Newbhunter,OHBowhunter and 24/7 Hunter in a while.HEY guys where you at
I noticed OHBowhunter is on everyday,hoping he would post something and let everyone know whats going on with the scouting,hunting,stand placement etc
Dont be shy guys,were here for a while,lets really get to know each other---shoot,maybe even be friends
Remember guys(we always deliver)
take care
Jason
Old 09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Remember guys(we always deliver)
That is just precious! Adorable........ absolutly adorable

I expect some competition outof you this year Extreme...... I know Antler Eater is going to bring the inches, if any of you "deliver" it's AE. [8D]

Good luck guys.

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.