Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

We will be front and center as soon as our seasons open...when we start posting the bigguns.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,hows everyone doing.Sorry I havent been on in a while but as you know I was working and the young guys hockey school,I would think every parent would know all about it
Seems as though SIDEWAYS is the bumper on the teamHow did we get on the second page anyways?hmmmmm----Hockey school is over so I will be on a bit more.
I cant believe the gas prices,getting to where you cant afford to drive your truck around scouting out the fields.Not sure if everyone is accustomed to "LITRES"but its like $1.19 plus-----some stations going as high as $1.35 around here------really gets me pi$$ed just thinking about it.
How many litres in a gallon? 2.5 or something like that
I am going out in morning to hang another stand.Really looking forward to it.I love being in the bush.Temp should be a little cooler compaired to last week.
Take care guys and let you know how it went tomorrow.
Jason
Old 09-03-2005, 09:09 PM

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters. So 1.19 a liter, taking into consideration the exchange rate comes to about $3.79 a gallon USD. Did a quick google search on that. Running about $2.79 USD gallon here tonight. Was about $3.25 yesterday, though. Not sure why the drop. Huge storm here today. Almost blew an entire tree through our living room windows and downed a tree over our road (right near the main travel routes for most of the deer). Will have to begin clean up tomorrow. I saw eight does standing in a clearing on our woods looking very confused afterward. Almost like they hunkered down together during the worst of it. They didn't seem to mind me being there at all. Weird.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

BUMP
man,here we made it to page 2 again.Whats going on.
We havent heard from a few of the team members in quite some time.They must be real busy scouting and hanging stands.
Antler Eater should be back by now as well.Hopefully he done good,had alot of fun and able to post some picsfor us envious guys
Thank you Chuck.For some reason I kept thinking 2.5 litres but Its 3.8 litres per gallon.Should go back to school
Gas prices are on average of $1.24 a litre now,so I guess thats like $4.71 a gallon.Looks like I may have to re-mortgage my house just to put gas in the truck to get to work[&o]

Sorry I havent gotten any pics of my stand and surrounding area of my hunting property.I got up a little late and rushed out the door.To make matters worse I had to move the camera in front of the door to open it---lol
I should be out some this week so I PROMISE to get some pics.
Anyone else want to post some pics of there stands and general hunting areas.?
COME ON OCTOBER 1st
take care gentlemen
Jason
Old 09-05-2005, 04:22 PM

Okay, as a new archer I have a question, I noticed that I managed to buy half a dozen carbon arrows that say 200 on them instead of the 300 I usually buy - probably because the pro shop manager who usually helps me wasn't there and I acutally picked something out by myself.They're already cut and everything and I shot them along wiht my 300s and can't notice a huge difference. What is the difference? Weight? Straigtness? Thought I'd ask here before I asked in the technical forum. Thanks in advance. Chuck.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

more than likely it is shaft diameter and wall thickness
What brand of carbons?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm checking in. Finally all settled in at school. I've been shooting quite a bit lately. Seems to be holding well. I went out scouting a little bit more and have some stand locations in mind. I've been seening the groups of doe and fawns, but the bucks are a mystery so far. There seems like there is going to be a bumper crop of acorns this year, so I think the deer are already hanging in the oak groves. Can't pinpoint them down yet...it's frustrating.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:21 PM

PSE carbon force.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck----if you can give us some info on your setup it would be much appreciated
The 200 and 300 means spine,meaning how much it gives and flexes.
If you are shooting a fairly high poundage bow with an average draw of say 28-29 inches and arrows are cut to 28 inches then the 300 may be a better arrow for you,especially if your shooting a single cam bow.They tend to like a stiffer spine more.Shows even more when shooting broadheads.
I found 2 brands of the carbon force
1 being the Dominator------.006 straightness
2 being the extreme---------.003 straightness
In hunting situations it really dosnt make much difference about the straightness out to say 20-25 yards
now---the 200 is 6.7 Grains Per Inch--spine----.424
and 300 is 7.8 GPI--------------------spine----.359
I can say you are still over the 5 grains minimum to safely shoot the bow.
You havent noticed any difference in trajectory shooting the lighter arrow?
I am shooting a Bowtech Patriot SC----27 inch draw----68 lbs and arrows cut to 28 inches.I was shooting Easton epics 400(spine)and the bow shot horrible for me,just couldent get it to tune.
Switched to Carbon Express CX 300(Much stiffer spine)and its shooting great for me,especially with the broadheads(Boss Wasp)
I would like to hear more info on your bow though
Is there anyway you can trade them in for the 300"s ?

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.