Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 7 Thread

[8D]sorry guys gettin here late. just got home from 2 weeks away at work.( work 800+ miles from home 2 weeks at a time)busy last few days at work and had not checked the contest thread. i've been bowhunting alot of years and pretty successful here in Alaska but have not arrowed a whitetail yet. i have hunted whitetail in alot of states over the last 10 yearsand even Alberta and TX last year. have two weeks planned inWI end of Oct and beginning of Nov. i was there for 3 days in July did some scouting wow saw alot of 8 and 10 pointers,i have never seenso many wt and so many bucks it was great. i have a close friend there and he is setting stuff up for me.
i'm tickled to be part of the team hopefully i won't let the team down.
busy today getting ready for a two day drive up the haul road for a week of caribou hunt. if i arrow a caribou can i count that "buck" [8D] i hope to be ready by tomarrow night to leave. i will have to go back and check the rules moose are deer! , do they count? i kinda doubt it but blacktail sitka may count and i'm hunting them before moose. i'm off for the next 6 weeks so it will be very sporatic that i will be here. most of it will be out hunt. 9 days for caribou trip, blacktail and black bear for 5-10 days then moose for two weeks then plan to go help a friend on a dall's sheep drawing permit hunt.
i will try to add team logo to my threads tomarrow when i'm not so tired.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm tickled to be part of the team hopefully i won't let the team down.
I'm tickled to have you on our team! And dont anyone worry about "letting the team down"!!! The most importantpart of bowhunting is to have fun.It sounds like AK NIMROD will be having plenty of fun.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:45 AM

welcome tazz and ak we are still missing
227 MDE86

Old 08-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Caribou are the same as reindeer! I think they should count!

Good luck AKNimrod. Gotta say I'm envious!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:26 AM

Hey fellas. Sorry about checking in late, but I'm here and excited about the hunt! I'm currently going to college in ND, but I've been doing my bowhunting in MN for years. Lotts of big guys around the land that I hunt this year. It should be a great season. I'll also be bowhunting for black bear in MN. I took one two years ago with a rifle, and I'm excited to take one with a bow this year.

Great job with the logo too!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:31 AM

Here's a pic of one of the guys that is still hanging around this year. This pic was taken just after season last year. Some farmers near my land have seen him this year and say that he's looking good!

Old 08-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like our team is complete. Now who's going to be our captain?
Old 08-19-2005, 03:01 PM

Default RE: Official RACK PACK Thread(7)

nice sig
Old 08-19-2005, 07:22 PM

ok were ready i just scouted my budys farm the deer are tearing up his corn he wanted me to start shooting today he knows ill wait till its legal i gotta set a good example for my son good luck fellas lets whack em
Old 08-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Typical Buck

What part of WI will you be hunting NIMROD?? I hunt the Sauk and Richland county areas.

Quick Reply: Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.