Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 05:36 PM

Default RE: Official RACK PACK Thread(7)

good luck on the trip i scored on another doe tonight i havnt seen any bucks yet but im hoping this weekend to put some time in
Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 PM

Well, I've seen deer just about every time that I've went out, but no shooters yet. Rifle season starts around here this weekend, but I'm going to try to take the bow out once more on Friday before I bust out the gun. I always look forward to bowhunting on Thanksgiving weekend too. It usually turns out to be one of the best weekends to shoot a buck on the land that I bowhunt. Good luck everyone, and keep hard at it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 AM

well the bucks are moving good now im heading south to try for a good buck man those doe steaks are good
Old 11-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

CONGRATS TO HAMMERMAN AND BTB. WAY TO GO.
WELL I HUNTED HARD IN WIS. FOR 8 DAYS. DID NOT SEE AS MANY DEER AS EXPECTED AND CLOSEST DEER I SAW WAS A SPIKE AT 5 YARDS. HAD NOT GOT THE BOW IN THE TREE YET[:@]2ND TIME THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME. NEVER EVENHAD A DOE WITHIN RANGE AND HAD TWO "TRAINING BUCKS" COME WITHIN RANGE. MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE SAME BUCK FORK ON LEFT AND SPIKE ON RIGHT. SECOND ENCOUNTER I DID NOT SEE RIGHT SIDE WELL. DID NOT GET THE BOW READY FAST ENOUGH ONE TIME HE WAS ON A MISSION. CRUISED RIGHT THRU THE SHOOTING AREA. OTHER TIME FOR "NO REASON " AT 50 YARDS LOOKED RIGHT AT ME AND CAME DIRECTLY TO ME . PASSED AT 8-10 YARDS AND BOLTED AS I DREW......[:'(] I THEN FIGURED OUT THE NO REASON WAS I HAD FORGOT TO REEL IN MY HAUL LINE AND IT WAS SPINNING IN THE WIND HANGING 6-8 FEET BELOW ME, HE WAS LOOKING BELOW MEAT THE SPINNING NYLON WEBBING.[:-][:@] SO ONCE AGAIN I HAVE BEEN SKUNKED ONE WHITETAILS. NOT SURE IF I WILL EVER ARROW MY FIRST ONE. I'M NOT DONE YET.....MAYBE!!! I WILL BE TRAVELING TO A MEETING IN SAN ANTONIO IN JAN. I WILL TRY TO ARRANGE A DEER HUNT SOMEWHERE THEN. GOOD LUCK GUYS THINGS SHOULD BE STARTING HOT AND HEAVY PRETTY SOON.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys, how's it going? Is anybody seeing any rut activityyet?
I'm in Tennesse for a few days visiting family, my brother and I went out this morning for the opening of muzzleloader season and got into our sites about 4:45 at 5:50am a four-wheeler comes riding by and goes across one of the fields I'm watching and he knew I was there. Then at 7:50 a Suv comes up the logging road I'm sitting on and he knew I was sitting there drives by me and then up by where my brother was set-up what a idiot!! So i get up and start walking around the fields and up the road to where it intersects with another logging road, I radio my brother and tell him I'm ready to go I know I won't see anything with all the other hunters driving thru. About that time I look down the other road and there see stands broad side at 80yds I pull up the muzzleloader and let it rip she went about 20feet and died. I KNOW it's not a bow but it was my first time with a muzzleloader. She was maybe 1 1/2 years so we're having fried backstrap ummmm, bisquits and gravy for breakfast Sunday!!! I'll be back with bow in hand wed or thurs and hopefully the rut will be going strong by then.
Good luck guys!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

The rut is starting to pick up here in WI. I rattled in two bucks tonight, but the big boy stayed out at about 70 yards. The smaller buck came in to about 8 yards right in front me...he has great potential. I have a game cam pic of him and tonight got a REAL good look at him. He has good mass already and some respectable tine length with about 3" brows...I hope he makes it. Hammer.....I don't see your score posted on the scorecard yet?? Did you have to get more pics uploaded with the bow or need them resized? I can help with the resizing if you need that.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

Hammer.....I don't see your score posted on the scorecard yet??
I'm still waiting on my friend to get them to me. He's not very handy with the computer so I have to wait until I see him again. I should get them later this week.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:07 AM

well im gonna try again this weekend i have my eye on a buch i seen 2 weeks ago
Old 11-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys , my week of vacation didn't bring us any points , although it did put some meat in my freezer.
I am feeling better about passing on that 8pt that I have in my stealth cam pics. Last friday afternoon the rut really started kicking in around here and I had the pleasure of watching 3 bucks chase one doe around. The biggest of the bucks is an 8pt that would go well over Pope & Young minimum. Biggest 8pt I've ever seen in the outdoors. From what I hear from the neighbor he's got competition too , I guess there's a dandy 10pt running around also.
Bad news is , I only have this saturday afternoon and all day sunday to try and get one of them. Work will prevent me from getting out during the week next week , and next weekend is gun season opener. Don't fret though , I've seen alot of mature bucks sneak through gun season around here , to be seen again during late archery season and late rut.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:58 AM

i took a couple days off to bird hunt with the dogs ill be heading south to try for a buck again soon

Quick Reply: Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.