Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Official RACK PACK Thread(7)

congrats man way to put us on the board. always glad to hear when someone get an archery buck

im trying to do some trophy hunting for us with little luck. i havent had a SINGLE deer, not even a doe, within bow range yet this year. i've never been so frustrated or had such a hard time before. i dont know if all the available food is keeping them from moving or what, but i've been getting skunked. but have no fear, the rut is just around the corner and i've got a plan of attack. im only shooting good bucks so im guessing around 110" or better otherwise im gonna pass them up. about 5 good bucks in the area that i know of so mayble ill luck into one of them. good luck yall with the rest of your seasons!
Old 10-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

CONGRATS hammerman....way to get us on the board! As far as your shot goes, it's very possible you "punched" the trigger a bit after holding back for so long....happens to everyone. Either way, you didn't have to track him, and you've got a deer in the freezer.
On another note, I saw a real nice buck last night, but was too far out for a shot, but I have a pretty good idea where his core area is. Tonight though I was ready to shoot what would have been the first smaller buck for me in around ten years. He was a nice looking 1 1/2 yr old with a clean 8 point rack, BUT he had an absolute TERRIBLE limp to him. He was carrying his front left shoulder at all times, but I couldn't see any surface damage like he'd been hit by another hunter or something or if he just got his butt kicked by a big boy....either way, he stayed at 40 out in the brush so no clean way to take him out. I'm going to try to get out at least once this week BEFORE that damn early rifle starts on Thur here.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

WAY TO GO HAMMER!

lol i figured thats why you called on saturday i called you back but you must have been occupied... congrats man.. now you have to get me out there and help me get my buck

all i keep seeing on my father-in-laws property are big does... my school buddy tagged one sunday morning, she dressed out at 135 HUGE doe...

gimme a call after work today buddy, i want to hear the story from ya...

good luck Rack Pack...
Old 10-24-2005, 06:26 PM

way to go man ive came close twice now just cant get the shot off
Old 10-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys sorry it's taking so long to get the score and pics up but I'm waiting on someone to e-mail them to me. Here's a pic of the rack he's not big but I couldn't pass him up on public land and I was almost out of meat!
If I did this right the score is 66 5/8

Old 10-25-2005, 03:14 AM

thats bigger than the deer ive got so far i havnt even seen a decent doe yet
Old 10-25-2005, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with that hammerman!

Especially if ya had fun doing it!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go there Hammerman!!!
Holding a long time does funny things to our shooting form. Glad you connected.

I'm going out in the AM if this rain would just let up!
Old 10-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, here he is! The one I screwed up on week before last. Shot him at 5 yards after a 4 minute full draw! He washarassing a doe and snort wheezing like he was boss of the woods.

I've seen muley points on a whitetail but never saw one that looks as much like a muley as this guy!!

Old 10-27-2005, 01:45 PM

Congratulations on both of those bucks. they look great. The weather is just now starting to get cool in GA so hopefully things will heat up

Quick Reply: Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.