Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official RACK PACK Thread(7)

Another congrats to Bert!

Nothing special to report from this weekends hunt. I knew I should have stayed home but I just couldn't. I've never seen squat during any type of east wind and that's what we had here over the weekend. Too bad because the temps were perfect , right around 50 degrees on saturday. I sat on the edge of a bedding area (new stand) and seen two doe get up and start browsing without leaving the bedding area just before dark.
I did find a great rub line and three scrapes , all within 50 yards of another stand that I've had great success in.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Took the weekend off from bowhunting to take Bert and his younger brother pheasant hunting.. Pa has a special youth hunt where they stock birds in designated places for the kids. Last year we put up 15 birds This year we saw two.

Oh well, I'm cutting out early from work today to hunt the stand where Isaw avery nice buck before the season.It's a nice funnel in a stand of white oaks that are dropping acorns like little artillery shells
Old 10-10-2005, 10:10 AM

well i didnt see any over the weekend i did see a 2 year old buck today i let him walk
Old 10-10-2005, 03:51 PM

I let another small buck keep walking over the weekend. He responded nicely to the grunt call too. Saw lotts of does and I caught a glimpse of a really big buck as I was driving the ATV. It's fun just to see those big guys! It happens so seldom that I almost have a feeling of accomplishment from just laying my eyes on him, if only for a second. Oh, and no bears coming in during shooting hours for me yet either. I may or may not get out after them again, we'll see. Good luck everyone!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tonight was a bust. Thank goodness for the tree rats. Otherwise I'd have fallen asleep up in my tree for sure.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well Sat eveneing didn't produce much, but my fiancee got a little excited when a young buck was approaching her ground blind. She ran out of daylight, and I saw him about 90 yards from her location when I came to get her at shooting hours.
Sunday was pretty uneventful as we just put up another stand for my brother on one of the pieces of property we have to hunt. It got interesting though when we drove out of the field and the guy that has the house across from the driveway we go in flagged us down. He asked us if we were hunting, and we told him we were just hanging a new stand. He asked if we had that whole hill by his corner to hunt, and we told him yeah, and then he asked if we wanted to hunt his 30 acre corner as well. So we just added another 30 to 190 we had already acquired there, so things are starting to look up.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:18 PM

Not having much luck in PA. Weather has been miserable and I can't get the deer within range. Been seeing a bunch of does but none of them have come into range yet. I climb a different spot and they keep moving that much farther away. Haven't seen an antler yet this season and it's driving me nuts. I know they're there but they haven't made any appearances yet. My buddy double lunged a doe when we were hunting saturday and seen two young bucks. Oh well season is still early. Good luck yall, we need to post some points soon.

~Jeff
Old 10-12-2005, 06:31 PM

Well, my hunting partner back home had some great luck last night! He rattled this guy in and shot him at 25 yds. It's not the biggest one that's running around there, but one heck of a trophy.Now I'm really excited to get back and hunt this weekend!

Old 10-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tell your buddy congrats for me! Thats a nice one!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good and safe season so far!
I went out sunday evening and wednesday morning without seeing any action. There's still alot of corn standing around the public property I'm hunting so I think the deer are held-up in there. I will still be in the woods any chance I get, they have to come out some time!
I was planning on taking off a few days during the rut but business has picked up and I've got more business than ever and haven't found any good carpenters that I trust to leave on the job with out me having to be there, so I may have to work rather than hunt. Good luck lets get on the BOARD!!

Quick Reply: Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.