Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official RACK PACK Thread(7)

WOW....bit of a long story here fellas, so stay with me. Yesterday, I got off work a little early as we caught up to one of the other trades and had nothing left to do. I decided I'd go play some golf, and a guy asked me if he could play along with me. I said sure fine. We played the front nine, and I shot 37 (+2), and he shot 45. We made the turn, and grabbed a couple drinks for the back, and he was telling me he owns one of the local resorts.
As we were playing, he asked me how I hit my fairway woods so well. I told him it's not really any different from a driver, just no tee...ya gotta sweep it. Trying to shorten a bit, he asked to hit my woods and hit them fine but couldn't hit his own. I build my own clubs, and he asked me if I could build a set for him, and asked how much it would cost. I told him he had to pay for the components up front and we'd work on the labor part of it.
He went on to ask me what other hobbies I had other than golf, and I told him I hunt a lot and fishing, and few other things. He suddenly says "I got a deal for ya!" I bit and said what? He said he and his wife had bought 70 acres of land 15 years ago, and finally managed to build on it just this spring. He asked me if I'd like to HUNT his 70 acres for building his clubs......OMG! A prime piece of Wisconsin River bottom ground that hasn't been hunted in 15 years?!? HMMMMMM....let me think.......YOU GOT A DEAL MONTY! hahaha Just had to share it with you fellas....will be trying to get out there this weekend.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

HUNT his 70 acres for building his clubs.....A prime piece of Wisconsin River bottom ground that hasn't been hunted in 15 years?!?
What a deal!!
Here's a link of some pictures ofa few bucks taken last year from the public land I'll behunting this year. I've seen one that is of equal size of the top photo and one that could be even bigger!
http://www.fs.fed.us/mntp/recreation/deer%20hunt%2004-05%20photos.htm
Old 09-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Wow hammer....damn fine lookin animals running around those parts. Good luck to ya!
Old 09-10-2005, 03:54 AM

well fellas just checking in
Old 09-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go RattleSnake1!

Those are some dandy bucks there Hammerman!

It's getting close. Season opens this Saturday here.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official RACK PACK Thread(7)MY TROPHY

She is here, after 9 long months our baby girl, Claire, has arrived!!

She weighed 10lbs exactly and was 22inches long. This was the most amazing experince of my life!!She was born sunday afternoon at 1:56pm. Mom and baby are doing great, I have a new found repect for my wife she did this without any pain medication.(Thank God I'm a man!!)
This might affect my season a llittle bit but it is definitely worth it didn't know I could feel this way about someting so quick.
I've still got my eye on a few good bucks, I'll just have to use my time in the woods more wisely this year!!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:37 PM

Congatulations on the baby and i wish you the best of luck
Old 09-12-2005, 05:20 PM

congrats on the new baby
Old 09-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the baby girlhammerman!!! The birth of your new child is better than any hunt. I feel sorry for your wife ,10lb baby, now thats what I call a wall hanger.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the baby hammer!

Quick Reply: Official RACK PACK (7) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.