Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 2 thread

Congrats on the animal but I hate to see a postfroma Team member apologizing for a score before we even see it!!! [:-] PLEASE tell me you didn't actually ENTER a deer contest only to shoot a 40" buck!!! I just don't understand why someone would enter ANY contest and then show no restraint???[&:]
Old 10-03-2005, 09:33 PM

Cornfed - Just read the story on the main page and you will understand why I took the animal that I did. I entered the contest to score big don't get me wrong, but I did the best thing for the deer and for our area where we hunt especially since we have some coyotes starting to move in. I shot ONE of the deer we were looking to harvest. I only said what I did because of your guys expectations. You are right about this being a buck contest and I did enter a buck to help with the TEAM score. If I was worried about the size I would have entered an individual contest. Just the same I am very happy and wish you all the best of luck the rest of the season. I still have a half a dozen or so tags to fill and maybe a big buck yet, I just had to follow the rules and enter my first one.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:14 AM

If everyone of us killed a buck that scored in the 50's, we would probably win the thing....... It's not about size of the deer...... It's about how many members can connect........ Watch what I tell you Confed, the winning team probably won't have a buck over 125
Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM

Here is a pic of my deer guys. 16 yard broadside shot with a double lung pass through. He hobbled about thirty yards and crashed. Upon skinned and processing we found that his right hip was shattered due to his run in with a vehicle. We salvaged some meat and I am happy. Now I get to help my dad score on one of the big ones. That would mean more to me than killing a big one myself.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:42 PM

WV-Congrats on the deer.

I saw 10 deer last weekend in Wisconsin including a buck that a couple of the locals say is atleast 10 points with an inside spread over 20 inches. I saw him coming off a crop field as it was getting light. He takes a right and I don't see him again. A left and I might have a shot. Guess which way he went.[:@] I will be in his neighborhood again in a couple of weeks. Finally a little cooler weather this weekend-hopefully that helps things alittle.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats WV. Way to be putting him down, best of luck on your second WV tag.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:32 PM

Well, after a stressful first half of the week at work, I took Thursday off and hunted nearly all day, taking two short hour and half breaks at mid morning and mid afternoon. I slept thru a good portion of my middle of day hunt, since the wind was cool, the sun warm, and I was in my very comfortable Summit Viper. I tightened up the saftety harness so I couldn't lean too far left, right or forward and let the zzz's wash over me. It was a great hour long nap. Don't know what I missed, and really don't care.

In my evening hunt I went to a much less comfortable stand and didn't see hardly anything except a fox that didn't have its winter coat on yet, but looked very healthy. However, just as it was getting too dark to see,about 7:30, I hear a small tinkling of antlers behind me and just beyond a large clump ofsmall treesthat I couldn't see through for the leaves. My first thought, as it usually is, was that someone else was in the woods with me and they wererattling. I thought, "Gee, how did he get there without me hearing him?" and then as I thought about it more, I thought, " And why would he start rattling now when it is so dark?"

As I was processing all of this in my slow mind, a second, and louder, rattling rang through the woods, with a lot of leaf and twig rustling and snapping. I now began to believe it was two bucksso I startedto judge if I could get a good shot offwith the diminishing light conditions. Not being able to distinguish my sight pins when I held my bow at arm's length, I decided I couldn't so I just sat there and listened, hoping they would fight themselves out into the open where I could get a look at them. It was still light enough that I would have been able to make out their racks. The clacking 'sounded' like they belonged to big bucks, not the higher pitched tinkling that smaller racks make. These were deep, reverberating 'clacks'.

Well, they never did fight their way out from under the canopy of those small trees, but the final flurrish is worth noting. After an on and off sparring match that lasted about 15-20 minutes, it sounded like either a winner was determined or they both gave up on it. I then heard one of the deer walking towards my stand under the small trees, and just as he was reaching the edge of them, I heard the other buck start following him. This caused the first buck to stop, then I hear it let out a loud snort- wheeze, turn and charge the other buck with a Loud clack of antlers when he reached him. There was no more noise that I could hear after that. I wondered if they knocked each other out.After fifteen minutes orso, I slowly climbed out of my stand and walked in the opposite direction towards my truck.

It was one of the coolest things I ever heard. I just wish I could have seen it.

Oh yeah, as I was driving down my driveway on the way home that night, a decent 8 point steps out in front of my truck. He wasn't quiteout to his ears, maybe an inch short of them, but he was kind of tall. His mass wasn't so great either. I would have guessed about 100", more or less. I doubt I would shoot him just yet. Maybe later in the season. I'm not sure. I think he's only 2 years old.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:50 PM

Anyone even seeing any deer? It's been tough for me..... Still hot... I've made 7 hunts and have only seen 2 deer.......

I sure hope cool weather is coming
Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 PM

I have seen 50 to 60 deer so far 3 p&y bucks buck not close enough[:@]an 8 point and 2 freaks that had horns everywhere! that was in NC and I cant get back up there this year[]I am gonna go to Bama fur two trips and I am gonna hunt Ga every week. So we only have one kill?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:15 PM

Default RE: Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Hey guys. I am checking in to see how everybody is making out. I killed a doe on my second day out and have seen several other deer. Good luck to you all and giveem heck here over the next couple weeks with the rut ready to kick off.

Quick Reply: Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.