Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 08:20 PM

Default RE: Official team 2 thread

The average last year was right around 100 inches.

This being my first year hunting with a longbow, I will shoot the first decent buck that comes by me. I probably won't shoot a little bity basket rack, but who knows, it depends on how I feel.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:22 PM

Also, as show last season, the winning teams were those that had the most kills, not necessarily the biggest bucks.....

If you can kill a few 100+ bucks and 3 or 4 bucks less than 100, then you will be in the running.

Our goal needs to be for every member to enter a buck of some sort. If that happened, I believe we would win
Old 09-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aaahh yes I see your point. I understand that if I hold out for a160 class buck but get my butt kicked, I end up with 0. That is about 100" LESS that someone who atleast contributed an animal. I undestand that. I was curious to see how many "trophy" hunters we have in this group though? I think we have some real buck slayers who actually have some great hot spots and could really producesome exceptional animals for the Team this year. I hope everyone get's the buck they want this season. Good luck to everyone and especially you for the undertaking of the longbow challenge. That's gonna be a good buzz when it all comes together!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

My goal is 140 or better, although Iwill not pass a shot on a mature whitetail unlesshe is busted up.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:13 PM

Cornfed, your earlier post stated exactly what my goal is for this season. To shoot a quality animal representative for the area that I hunt. I will go without shooting a buck before I will shoot one that doesn't meet that goal.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:49 PM

I usually hold out for a nice deer. I like venison, but can eat beef, chicken and porkjust as well, so I guess I'm not a meat hunter, per se. I held out for a nice one last year and didn't get one, and that bothered me much less than the years when I shot a small buck early and wondered the rest of the year what I might have got had I waited. If I get a deer this year, it'll be at least an 8, and likely run around 120", give or take a foot. I won't shoot if it is less than an 8 point (4x4) and if it doesn't go at least to the ears.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

GREAT..... I'm glad to see that we have some quality minded sportsman among us! Best of luck to all of ya.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:11 AM

I'm banking on Buckeye and IL-Cornfed to carry me to the championship game
Old 09-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone have vacation time scheduled this fall?

I will take the first week of November off again this year.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be hunting ALL DAY Nov 4 to 14 for my vacation and I'm sure I'll squeeze in a few more "sick" days!I'll do my best this season but I'mseriously searching for a respectable buck. Last season I was holding for something in the high 150 to 160 range and passeda few 140's only to find myselfeating tag sandwhich and track soup served with a slice of humble pie by years end! I'll trynot to let ya all down this year. I also have a few more properties to hunt including one with tremendous potential. With 2 Buck tags..... we'll see what happens?

Quick Reply: Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.