Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 2 thread

Trophy buck are sooooo thick here in Illinois that it resembles African game!!! Man, they come in herds of 20 to 30 P&Y bucks at a time!!! I often hear of guys out cutting trees and killing several P&Y bucks over the course of a day!!! If I can't tag my buck with a bow this season then I'm droppin' trees on 'em!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

considering there are only 62 trees in the entire state of IL, then I guess there might be a P&Y behind all of them. They have to hide somewhere!!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 05:15 PM

Hey guys. I thought I would post a few pics of my hunting area. My father and I went scouting this morning and we saw quite a few deer. We saw 6 buck and two were nice shooters (by PA standards). We saw quite a bit of sign and it looks promising.

Here is a picture of the fiield adjacent to the hardwoods. We will be planting some winter wheat this fall which hopefully will be bringing some deer in.

These photos are of my primary stand location. All pics are taken from the ground. I have killed a deer out of this stand the last three years.

Hope this year goes well. Lets see what everyone has to work with.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:17 PM

Pics didn't work so I will try again. Like I said before I am new at this.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:03 PM

[img]http://huntchristiancreek.com///Ridge">

[img]http://huntchristiancreek.com///Sprite">

This is a few plots I have, but I hunt the woods around them. Down here you just aint gonna kill a big buck in the green patches.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:13 PM

[img]http://huntchristiancreek.com///Sprite">humm its not letting me post em all......[&:]

http://huntchristiancreek.com///Ridge

Check out my web page at huntchristiancreek.comI have a bunch of pics on there.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys have some nice lookin' properties and I hope thay ALL produce mature animals for ya this season. Thanks for sharing some pics.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:47 AM

I spent this past weekend in northern MN hanging one stand and cutting a few trees where I will use my climber. I looked behind a lot of trees and didn't see one single P&Y buck. I hope I'm not in the wrong area-or state.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer activity is really starting to pick up on our property.As the fall food plots are coming on strong, the deer are starting to come out of the vast oceans of standing corn to have a look.The bucks have been frustarting to even glass here between the 280 acres of CRP and several hundred acres of standing corn that surrounds us! When we do spot an animal it's only been a veryquick glimpse. I'llbe relieved when I see the combine start to pick the corn in another month!

Here are a couple plot pics from this weekend.Thisplot seems to be very effective at getting the deer to slow down and browse between the thick timber and the standing corn.

This Tecomote was plantedless than 2 weeks ago but it'sstarting to look great already.

I hope all of you guys are having success with your plots as well!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:23 PM

That is some very nice property you have there Cornfed. I have the same quandry asyou in regards to the standing corn. The entire bottom half of the property is covered with satnding corn. The main reason we have done this is to keep the spot lighters from glassing our fields. Just the past week or two I was told that some people have been shooting out lights at houses down the road as well as we saw someone took a pass ina vehicle through some of our corn. That ticks me off. I hope some of our nicer bucks live to see the season. Keep posting those nice pics ans soon son of the same backgrounds with you and a deer in the foreground. Give em hell.

Quick Reply: Official Team Monsters Inc. (2) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.