Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 6 Thread

BigJ12 is doing a fine job of acting captain so far and would be fine by me if he took the job as captain. I haven't looked at a lot of names but Death From Above is on suggestion and how about Razor Sharp we need a few to vote on don't we guys? [/align]
Old 08-21-2005, 04:44 PM

Good day fellow team members.
I hunt WI.
I have some great areas to hunt this year private and public.
I have an Elk hunting trip and will be back and hunting deer here in WI in mid September. I'll be getting out some 35 days or more through mid November.Then agian in December and part of Jan.
I have been bowhunting over 45 years and can not recall ever not filling my tags here in WI.
I haven't read the rules yet butwanted to check in with the team.
Looking forward to some good hunting and interesting competition.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to hear from you Logs. 45years of Bowhunting. WOW. You got me by 12 years you old dog. By the way how is your state doing with the CWD? Welcome aboard

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-21-2005, 06:56 PM

I agree BigJ sounds like a good capt.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Site Bouncer

Good to see some activity from team 6! We just need to hear from Pinesap, Cloud 9 MN and Onearmblkpwdr and we are set.

As far as a name goes lets hear from ya, so far we have two pretty good choices. I think if we get a few more we should vote on it.

I don't mind being the captain, if it's what you guys want it's fine with me.

My name is John, I'm 40 and live in Illinois I have been hunting since I was....well as long as I can rember. My dad would take us (my brothers and I) out and hunt pheasant before we were even able to carry a gun. we would be his "bird dogs".

I have a wife and two kids, boy 7 girl 4.

I have been bow hunting since college 1983 but have shot bows since I was a little kid starting with longbows. Now I'm not gonna lie to ya and tell you I have killed big bucks every year with my bow, I haven't...BUT I have killed at least onebuck every year since 1994 so I'm on an 11 year run. The problem is it has been with both the bow and gun that the streak is with. No bucks last year with the gun but a nice 8pt with the bow. I have seenvery nice deer every year though so I'm sureI will seesome again this year. Like I mentioned on an earlier post. I do have a honey hole, it's a small area but alot of activity and it's only 20min from my home so I will be able to get there often. Last year there was so many scrapes and rubs I could not believe it. So I know there is more than one buck in there. There were also about 25-35 does. Same goes with this year There are about 25-35 does EVERY afternoon and early evening feeding in the fields on the property and I have seen some nice bucks as well. This is the same spot I killed the 8pt last year

I hope we will hear from the others soon so we can pick a name. I will need some help once we do in getting some kind of logo made up. But lets take one step at a time and get a name...ok?

Talk to you guys later

BigJ
Old 08-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where are the rest of you guys. Come on check in. I hope all is well[]

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I went to member search and punched up our 3 teammates who haven't checked in and emailed them from there. i just let them know they were on team six and we wanted to vote on a name and capt. and make sure they were still in the contest so we could get alternates if needed.I'll check back in a day or so.[/align][/align]
Old 08-23-2005, 06:32 PM

yeah i hope they check in soon
Old 08-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cloud 9, Mn just checking in! Really busy right now( the last 2 months and will be for the next one too) Gotta get stuff done now so I can play alot in Oct and Nov. Haven't had the 3 game cams out at all this year, hopefully next week. Food plots are in decent shape and have about 22 portables out there all ready to go! I probably won't check in to often until Oct......but I'm here! I will probably hunt WI one weekend, North Dakota once or twice and I should get drawn for the Camp Ripley hunt this year. Looking forward to the season!

Later

Cloud 9 MN
Old 08-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Site Bouncer

Well,

All have checked in except for two. I think we should give them a few more days to post then we should just move on and pick a name and so forth. We don't really need to worry about them untiljust before the season starts. I'm sure (I hope) they are like Cloud 9 MN and are busy.

So we should just vote on a namefirst and get that out of theway what do you all say? We have two suggestions for a name now, I would like to get at least onemore then we can vote.Most of us have checked in so I think the others will understand...Ihope.

It's tough because I don't want to step on anyones toes here.This is for fun and we should make it as fun as possibleand include as many teammates in the decisions as we can. But on the other hand we do need to move forward on some things before the arrows start to fly.

So lets think of one more possible name and put it to vote ok?

Quick Reply: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.