Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

ORIGINAL: teamster284

I emailed buckhunter190 to see if he ever sent pics of his buck to the mods. so we could get it on the board.
I emailed him too. I posted a reply on here as well saying "I sure hope you have a picture with your bow in it. According to the rules the picture you posted wouldn't be a valid entry.".
I have a feeling this is why he hasn't posted but that is just my $.02.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Site Bouncer

I think he should at least try to post it. Maybe give a reason why his bow is not in the picture. Sometimes there can be a good case becauseif there is not a gun season going on it can only be from a bow kill or a poach and I don't think he would be posting if it was poached.So that might help his case as well. I will look back to see if there was a tag on or not. Like here in Illinois the bow tags and gun tags are different so you can tell the difference.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:37 PM

sorry guys i have been so busy latley.the buck was an bow kill ,was indeed legaly taken and tagged.i just have one problem.my truck was broken into and one of the items was my camera,along with my lx,treestand,boots cloths etc.if the mods wont let me inter the buck with the pic i posted,i guess i really let the team down .our gun season doesnt even open up here in ohio until the monday after thanksgiving and i shot this buck nov.5. if it werent for the pics my bud took with his camera i wouldnt have any.as far as having him scored im still looking for a official scorer that i can catch at home when i am off work.good luck yall.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thats too bad about your stuff being stolen buck, I feel for ya. there is no feel of more helplessness than walking to you car or truck and seeing everything gone. I had almost $1500 in sterio equipment yanked out of my explorer over the summer. all i know is god was looking out for who ever took it because if i had woke up and caught them, i might not be here right now, know what i mean. the old pump gun is always handy. but what goes around comes around. anyway still a great buck and too bad mods won't let us score him. i wish they would have a liitle heart and understanding but i guess rule are rules.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Site Bouncer

There is no way you let us down in any way!!! That is a fine deer and you have a great case to present to the mods. Try to post it and tell your story ya never know. Either way it's a great bow kill and we are proud of you!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Hey buck190hunter, Greta job on posting your deer in the score card and explaining to mods what happened. Maybe they will let us enter the score. Team Capt. should lobby them a little to see what he can do for us. : ) just a thought.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Site Bouncer

Well for what it's worth, I sent a pm to Rob with some good points as to why this buck should be entered. Some of my points were: the tag is clearly shown, the gun season had not even started at the time his buck was posted and that there were other deer entered that had not met all of the criteria either.

So we will see what happens....
Old 11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Site Bouncer

Buck190hunter

It's entered!!! Contrats!!

Old 11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Buck190hunter, congrats on getting buck entered. It's gun season in Ohio this week. Weather was a record High temp on Monday (71). I hated it. Nice not to freeze your butt off but deer not moving a lot. We had an 11 point killed with a .357 pistol a 6 point with a .50 cal. muzzle loader and a doe with a .410 (friends 10 yr. old son.) so at least we had deer down. couldn't let them hang long. after checking in iced down until dark and butchered them that evening because it was warm. All i know is we ate like kings. : ) Anyone ever try deep frying back strap meat? first time for me and it was great!!!! Almost better than the grill. I'm still holding out for a big buck , but will take a doe with shot gun this week if nothing else and save tag for buck so we can get some more points on the board.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still at it also. I might have passed up a few to many bucks earlier in the season.......but........that remains to be seen........still hoping to put down a good one!

Later

Quick Reply: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.