Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Congrats on you Buck Cloud9, nuttin to be sorry about. I was out in the am today and seen a real nice 6pt that I would have shot if he game me the chance. There are only 5 days left in the season here in PA. Be out in the woods in the am, maybe it will be the day, I hope. Seen lots of deer. I only seen 2 shooters this season. The 8pt last week and the 6pt today. Good Luck guys its crunch time!!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our season goes to December 31 here in MN. This weekend I'm going to WI for the first time and hunting a day and a half. The bucks should be moving! Hopefully I can put one down.

Good Luck!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I thought we were on the board? can someone clear up for me? Do we have a buck to score for our team?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah ....I thought the same thing? It is a nice buck.....I think it just has to be posted in the right spot.

Hey teamster284.......you benn out at all? I'm really hopeing to put points on the board sat or sun on my WI trip.

Good Luck!
Old 11-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

I've been out quite a bit. Just haven't been posting as much as I would like. I missed a monster last year during gun season and from what I'm seeing either he made it thru the winter or has a twin. : ) Nothing to shoot in bow range, seen countless doe and 6 or 8 smaller bucks. (little basket racks) big boys seem to be hold up until well after dark so far. It's only a matter of time before they can't control that urge to be on those does heels and then they will make a mistake. Weather is horrible for rutting activity, in the 70's the last few days. Suposed to cool off by 20 degrees or so by Thursday so maybe that will help things out. Good luck all and lets put some points on the board. I'll do my best
Old 11-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another Hunter that has permission to hunt the ground that I was hunting yesterday shot a Monster 8pt today at 7;30am with a 18" inside spread 10" g2 and it weigh about 195LBs. He shot it about 50yards from where I was hunting[:@]. What a Buck. I was out today and seen one doe in the am and a buck that was about 150yards up in the hardwoods. I could see his horns no problem at 150yards soI think he was a shooter. I will give it another try Thursday. Good luck
Old 11-13-2005, 02:38 PM

Hey guys, I know i havent been posting much but i come to you with only good news. I shot a aprox. 130in. buck sat. morning at 8:30 havent sat down to figure out specifics on the score and stuff yet but ill get it scored and a pic on here in the next day or so. Alright good luck to all
Old 11-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Site Bouncer

HookMHrns, Congrats on the deer...That makes two kills for Team 6 Lets get them posted a.s.a.p. I can't wait for the pics!

I have been seeing deer up the wazoo! I have been passing on some smaller bucks 4's and 6's because there are a couple nice 120-130's and one big boy 150ish. I almost got a shot on one of the 130in deer yesterday, he was about 40yrds out and behind some bushes. I grunted....nothing, all he needed to do was step out and I might have had a shot (kinda long). There were some does around him but he wasn't paying any attention. I have yet to see the bucks chasing although I think the rut is kicking in now. As I was leaving my stand tonight I could hear some deer running around about 50yrd away. I can only assume it was a buck chasing. I saw 5 does and2 smaller bucks today, all but two were in range.

I will try to get out one more time this week, Probably Tues.before I go south for the gun season. I will also do some bow hunting down there.

Good luck to all, and congrats to those who have been successful.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:05 PM

Ok not sure if the pic is going to work on here but im trying anyways. I lied about the 130 i figured it up and got 148 1/4 does this seem right?? It looks like a 9 pointer in the pic but the right brow is split and the right sideG2 is broken down to 2 inches and there is a small 1 1/2 inch tine at the base of the left side G4which gives it 12 scorable points. This is my first buck! cant tell by the pick but i was pretty excited.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:07 PM

k geuss the pic didnt work someone will have to tell me how to get it on here

Quick Reply: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.