Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Hi all, going out on Tuesday.I was checking out a new spot my buddy told me about. I did some low impact scouting early Sunday and seen a shooter 8pt that would score about 115". Not bad for a Pa buck. The 8pt was with a small 6pt and a big doe, who he would not leave alone. I would love to see this buck in bow range. He has a real even rack on both sides and about 5" b-tines. This is the biggest buck I seen so far this bow season. The small buck have been chaseing the does pretty good for a week now. I think it time for the big boys to start flexing their racks in the next week or so. On the down side the weather is going to get warm again in the 70s. Goodluck on that Big boy you have your Bow on BIGJ
Be Safe you ALL
Hatchet Jack
Old 10-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just full of does......Hunted Camp Ripley this weekend and didn't even see a buck! I don't know if I'm ever going to see a buck again the way it going lately! I should be out Thurs evening and friday morning.....Sat is MN gun opener.......it really gets tough after that.

Good Luck!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got out on Tuesday and hunted the piece I seen that nice 8pt on Sunday. I was set up along a creek near some white oaks and at 7:15 the 8pt showed up with the doe I seen him with onSunday on the other side of the creek of course[:@]. This piece of land is loaded with White Oaks and the deer are hitting them big time. I watched the 8pt for 2 hours feeding on acorns and chaseingsmaller Bucks that tried to get near his Honey. He was only about 60 yards on the other side of the creek. I think on Friday I will move to the other side of the creek and bring a Buck decoy with me and set up near the white oaks they were feeding on. The deer are coming from the top of the hill where there is a big field, and feasting on the acorns before they go to bed. I Hunted somewhere else in the afternoon and shot a nice fat doe, so I finally got some meat in the freezer. Tuesday was a good day in the woods. I can't wait for Friday. So goodluck all and be safe!!!!
Hatchet Jack
Old 11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Site Bouncer

Hatchet, congrats on the deer!

I am seeing alot of deer....just not the one I want to see. I went out tonight and had a great time in the stand. I got in the woods at about 2:15pm and I busted out two deer, a doe and I think a small buck (couldn't tell). I got to my stand and was in and settled by 2:30pm at about 3:20pm I had a button buck walk in and mill around my stand for about 15min.

He walked off to about 40yds (right under where my stand was before I moved it) and busted off with I think two does (couldn't tell) Then at about 4:15pm I had a doe walk in and she also milled around for about 30min. Never going more than 25yds away and some times right under me. Every time she got down wind she would lift her nose and sniff but never was spooked.

A little after she walked off at about 5:00pm, I saw a 4 or 6 point (couldn't tell if he had brow tines or not)moving about 45yds away on the other side of the creek. He was a big deer, I think he will be a brusier whenhe gets older.

At 5:15 it was time to quit soIgot down and started to walk out. Iwent about 125yds and busted out yet another deer! I never saw it because it was darkby then. Icould hear it splash through creek about 20yds in from of me.

I never saw Mr. Big orany of the 120-130in bucks I have seen in the past.I mustsay though I do like the new location of my stand. It's kinda weird how the deer will walk into this little peninsulajust to walk back out again.

I am still very optimistic about my chances due to the sheer volume of deer I have been seeing.Still to early for me to start shooting does. Iusually don't shoot them till after the gun season. I must say thateven that is looking better this year than last as there are alot of deer in this area.

I just need a little luck. I will get out this weekend andI would like to spend all day onSat. or Sun. but having two little ones at home wanting to spend time with their daddy comesfirst.

Good luck all, and I will check in later.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks BIGJ. I hit the Boss today with some vacation cards for next week. 1/2 day vacation in the morning on mon,tue,wen, and whole day on thur, plus we have off friday for our great VETERANS of the country. Im realy going to pee him off and call in sick tommorrow. I been see lots of deer, Does and lots of small bucks. The only shooter I seen was the 8pt. Going to try and fool him with a buck decoy tommorrow and move on the other side of the creek. I hope the rut kicks in next week, butI think it going to be a tad late in this part of PA {southeast} Goodluck, Be Safe, will check back in after the hunt!
Old 11-06-2005, 01:13 PM

here is my ohio buck i took sat nov 5 at 10 am. he is a heavy beamed 8 pt. havent had time to score him yet but he just might make p&y. he field dressed at 180 lbs. hope everyone gets some deer down,good luck .
Old 11-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Buck190 Nice Buck. Were on the board. Good job. That looks almost like the 8pt I been after since I seen him last Sunday. Going out on Monday but it's going to be windy, again congrats on your Buck!!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job buck190hunter!!!! We're on the board. Now to give you my bad news....... I've been out alot....passing on does and small buck with my decoy........Sat morning (5th) I hunted one of my bow stands and wouldn't you know it a nice buck came in checked out a scrape at 20 yards and I shot it..........with a shotgun! Its was opening day MN gun hunting and I wasn't going to gun hunt but I had the license and was party hunting with the family...I though just today.......About 2:45 in the afternoon that 120 class 8 pointer decided to check scapes. Sorry guys.........but I'll still make up for it....going to get a buck..still!

Good Luck to everyone....get out there...its time!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Site Bouncer

Congrats to both of you!!! we are on the board with Buckhunter190

Nice deer.

I too have been seeing tons of deer this year. I haven't seen Mr. Big lately but I saw a nice 120-130in 8point about 35yds away in heavy cover. I thought he would cross the creek and give me a shot but he just continued on his route. I grunted and he stopped for a moment but just kept walking even after more grunting. I also saw a little 8pt (bout 100in) never seen him before he was about 50yds away.

I must confess I think I would have taken a shot at him just becausehis rack was almost perfect(as far asI could tell) might have passedhad he got closer and I didn't like whatI saw. Alsotonight I had a 5point under my stand (missing a brow tine) and a few does in range but no shots were taken. Still holding out and still very optimistic about my chances. I mean there is no way (knock on wood) I can see THAT many deer and not have a shooter walk by close enough toarrow, can there? I have seen deer every time I have gone out and lately I'm starting to have multiple buck sightings. It's as frustrating as It can be. I can't remember when I have seen this many shooters and have not been able to shoot.

Well I will keep trying. Good luck to all.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buck190hunter

here is my ohio buck i took sat nov 5 at 10 am. he is a heavy beamed 8 pt. havent had time to score him yet but he just might make p&y. he field dressed at 180 lbs. hope everyone gets some deer down,good luck .
Congratulations Buck, Nice Buck! I can't wait to see what it scores. I sure hope you have a picture with your bow in it. According to the rules the picture you posted wouldn't be a valid entry.
I'm headed to Ohio Thursday after work. I hope to score one like yours.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.