Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Official Team 6 Thread

ORIGINAL: dmax4me

Well, I know tomorrow is the 1st day for most of us. 1st and foremost be safe. I wish everybody the best of luck and shoot straight. Now is the time for us to Put Points on the Board. I'm heading to Ohio this afternoon. I will be back late Sunday night. Hopefully I can post a monster on Monday.
Yep we open tomorrow as well. Good luck to all and be safe. I have seen even more does around my honey hole but not the bucks for a while. I know they are still there because I'm starting to see rubs. I just need to find out when they are moving now. (I know I should have bought a field camera[:@])

Old 10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Site Bouncer

Well, First weekend is under my belt. I saw lots of deer from my stand, one ok buck (too far to shoot) and just this afternoon I had three does (momma and two fawns)under my stand. I was going to shoot one but it had just started Lightning and raining and the wind was picking up pretty bad. They were close and I'm sure I would have killed one and it probably would not have gone far........BUTjust in case I knew if I had to track a long way the rain would have not helped. Plus to be honest there ALOT of does, this may sound funny but I am sure I will have no problem shooting one this year. I was really looking for one of the nice bucks I had seen before scoutingto come around.

If the weather was not so bad I probably would have shot the doe, but the season is just starting so I decided to pass. I did however do what I alwasy like to do with deer that I am not planning on shooting and that is to see just how much I can get away with before getting busted.

Well I'm right at 16ft up and we still have lots of leaveson the trees so I will keep it at this height until they fall then go about 4 more feet up. Well they never knew I was there. I first saw them walking to me (about 40ydsout) and stood up before they got into the clearing. I was able to draw and let down on two of them (momma and fawn) without notice I even went as far as to slowlysit down and was never busted. Get this.....the WIND was blowing due east right INTO the direction they were comming and they STILL never knew I was there!

This has really got me excited, It's just a matter of time before one of the bucks makes his way down the path I'm over (I hope) I kinda figured (by the tracks) that it was mostly does using the path but come the rut I think the buck will come. I know they are in the area.

All in all it was a great first weekend.

Edit: I'm going to post this on the main board as well.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

I'm back from Ohio. I passed a 2 1/2 year old 8 point yesterday. It might have scored 90 but it wasn't what I was looking for. I also had a spike come in. I saw alot of does too. Lot's of does mean lot's of bucks to come later. I'll be going out tonight here in PA. Good Luck to all and hopefully we will be on the board soon.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

2 1/2 yr old scoring 90?The deer around my hunting area seem to be a lot bigger. of course it's all beans and corn as far as you can see where i hunt so that might have a little to do with it.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM

I went out saturday most of the day and saw three bucks (two 6 pointers aprox. score 50 and a two-three inch spike) and seven does. Had a chance at one of the 6 pointers but i figured it was opening day and didnt want to jump on the first thing i saw. Lot of sign tho and plenty of does so hopefully something nicer will come along, i know they are here just a matter of time. sounds like most of us atleast saw deer thats always a good sign. Good Luck to all!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool guys.....glad your getting out and are giving some reports. If it doesn't rain all day tomarrow I might get out for the first time!

Good Luck!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Site Bouncer

I guess they yanked our logo? It must have been too big,I had no idea. Any way it can be made smaller?

This sucks
Old 10-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Site Bouncer

Ok....it's back now.....cool, this no longer sucks!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Passed up a50 pointer!.............. well that contest points, HAHA! Got out for the first time tonight. Got into the stand at 4:30 and at 5:00 had a small 6 pointer come in and fedd on acorns. He fed around my stand from 10 to 20 yards away for 25 minutes. Then he bedded down 15 yards in the wide open from my tree for 40 minutes. Took 20 minutes of videotape. Fun night......can't wait to get out again!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

ORIGINAL: CLOUD 9, MN

Passed up a50 pointer!.............. well that contest points, HAHA! Got out for the first time tonight. Got into the stand at 4:30 and at 5:00 had a small 6 pointer come in and fedd on acorns. He fed around my stand from 10 to 20 yards away for 25 minutes. Then he bedded down 15 yards in the wide open from my tree for 40 minutes. Took 20 minutes of videotape. Fun night......can't wait to get out again!
Sounds like you have a good spot and a fun afternoon. Good luck looking for Mr. big!

I am getting out Saturday and Sunday. I had good activity last time so I expect the same as well.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Death From Above" (6) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.