Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Official Team 26 Thread

how long do we have to come up with a name anyway ?

PT
Old 08-16-2005, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Not exactly how long we have until we need to come up w/ a name. I'm sure it's posted somwhere. skin_dog1, very nice bucks! Welcome aboard and congrats on the upcoming baby! I have a three year old daughter and a 2 1/2 month old boy...very proud papa here!

As I've demonstrated in earlier posts, don't worry about suggesting a bad name for our team. I'm just throwing names out there, hoping something will stick. Me and creativity don't get along very well.

I guess we are also supposed to nominate a captain. I'm thinking IL_BOW_MAN might be our guy...but you all can suggest others. What the hell is that on his signature, anyway?

How about this: Team "Throw Some Head"

Was used initially has a baseball term, but I think it works for bow hunting as well.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

You picking on my cat in my avatar? Leave him alone, you might hurt his dads feelings (buckeye)!!

Skin Dog 1...you are kcision's buddy...right? Good to see you around! kcison is a good guy that can talk some good smack, so hopefully he will teach you that buckeye is open game for anything. We were team members last year and I contributed squat, but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

If you guys so desire, I can be captain.

I can probably try and come up with some kind of logo. But if I get my preferance on the logo, I would like to do something like my team did last year. Just a small logo with our team name and not all of the members names. I don't like those big ones, small and neat. What do you guys think? I attached last years for the team I was on.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is my biggest deer to date. I got him in 2001 on Thanksgiving morning. He grossed low 140's.

2002 I hit a bigger deer and did not recover him, he was a 150 class 8 pointer. He was spotted a week or so later and then later found dead on a neighboring property about 1 month later. 2003 I just plain blew a chance on a deer about the same size. 2004 I missed a shot on a 130 class deer when he ducked my arrow. I spooked a 150 class deer that I rattled in when he caught me hanging up my antlers...I didn't know he was there until he started running at 20 yards away. Sneaky little devil.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

IL_BOW_MAN, certainly not picking on the little kitty...or is that Yoda w/ fur?

Sweet buck! My biggest to date is a 120 inch 8 ptr...but got it during shotgun season back in '02. Missed a 150 class two years ago w/ my bow...still think about that deer every day. Hit a small little limb off a sapling...never saw it. Just disgusting. Still looking for that 130+ class buck w/ my bow. I'll get it...eventually.

I've got access to thousands of pieces of artwork, so let me know what you need and I'll email it to you. Of course, we've got to come up w/ a name. Simple name, simple logo...sounds good to me.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well since we are all showing off our largest deer, I guess ill post some of my picks.
Here is my largest and only buck to date,....but I did get him with a bow so don't fall on the floor laughing, just a gentle chuckle is ok....I measured him just for you guys, and his gross score?........32 7/8
Well, here he is:

No ideas on a name at the moment, but I'll keep thinking....IL BOW MAN has got my vote for captain.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok just to gain a little respect back here are some sheds my dad and i got last year, so I know theres a couple big ones out there for me this year

Old 08-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

and one more...

Old 08-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

IBM as a team captain????LMAO you guys are killing me, if that's not the blind leading the blindI don't know what is
Old 08-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

IBM as a team captain????LMAO you guys are killing me, if that's not the blind leading the blindI don't know what is
Tough crowd in here!

Quick Reply: Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.