Community

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5 check in

Who's taking there bow out for gobblers this spring?

I will be for the first couple days, if I don't have oneby the 4th day I'll be taking the shotgun to roll one.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Guys, i have Jenna working on the avatar of a bunch of gobblers in a scope to see what she can come up with.

Anybody else have any ideas they want to see made?
That sounds cool cant wait to see what she comes up with
Old 03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ill will be going out with both this year, since i can harvest 2 birds
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey team, gotta question.....

Yesterday (sunday), I went to the Indiana farm to get some work done in the fields, pattern the mossberg,and do a little scouting. Things were looking good, tons of fresh turkeysign (tracks, crap, scratching) and as I crested the ridge to check on my treestand, I spooked five BIG gobblers and they flew down to the bottoms. I know this time of year they are stillbunched up together, but still..... do you think I spooked the birds too badly?

Almost the same thing happened during bow season in October, I had 4 of them fly straight at me (while crapping a lot, ha) because we crested a hill at the same time again. But since turkey season is growing closer, I'm curious if I messed up by spooking them this time..will they disperse soon and spread out anyway???

I should noteI have seen alot morelongbeards than I have seenhenscompared to last year, andI think it has something to do with myfeeder running all winter.....But yea, any opinions/info/advice would be great.thanks guys..
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

Who's taking there bow out for gobblers this spring?

I will be for the first couple days, if I don't have oneby the 4th day I'll be taking the shotgun to roll one.
I'm not sure how much I'm gonna actually get to hunt so I'll more than likely take the shotgun most of the time. If I'm lucky enough to bust one with it, then I'll definately take the bow out. We'll see!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adam, I've done the same thing before and in my experience it shouldn't bother a thing. I've noticed that turkeys have a pretty short attention span. I've called turkeys in that we had just spooked out of a field. They had forgotten that we had just spooked them not 5 or so minutes before.

Same thing with roosted birds. I've busted birds outa the roost before just to have them fly down and with a little calling they start to come my way. They can be so love sick that they drop there basic survival instincts, just like bucks during the rut.
I think when theres love in the air, the turkeys don't care.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would personally worry about it, because thats how i am, but i dont think it should be an issue. Ive heard of birds shot in the same field hours apart. Ive also shot birds and had the other gobblers roost in the same place the next evening. Im pretty sure turks have a VERY short memory.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, thanks guys.. Thats what I figured but I wasn't sure.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

caleb hows the avatar coming along any word yet
Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

She has both plans. I told her not to rush though seeing as most of our seasons are a month away yet.

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.