Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you have a Thermacell and does it work? >

Do you have a Thermacell and does it work?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you have a Thermacell and does it work?

Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you have a Thermacell and does it work?

After a few negative posts and a bunch of positive posts, I thought I would try an unscientific poll on the subject.

Do you have a Thermacell and does it work or not on keeping away mosquitos and other biting insects?

The second tier of the poll is whether you feel that you have had an animal smell the Thermacell and react negatively (blow and run away). This would be only if you are certain that the animal would have otherwise not smelled you - practicing very good scent elimation, not sweating, etc. - Just because an animalsmelled you doesn't mean you can blame the Thermacell unless that is the only difference in your huntingpractices and you normally wouldn't have been smelled.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm curious if there are folks that don't reply to some of the threads that might reply to a poll on the subject.

Oh well, at least it keeps my mind off the stock market! [&:]
Old 10-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you have a Thermacell and does it work?

Yes I dont hunt the bottoms without mine.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I know 1 guy that posted that his didn't repel insects and it scared the deer away. I guess he hasn't voted in the poll yet though!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

thermacell = greatest invention ever
Old 10-13-2008, 06:42 AM

thermacells are amazing...u can tell when your blue mats run out because you start getting swarmed...agreed to being the best invention ever!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Spike

Hunting here in the Swamps of south Louisiana at this time of year, it's next to impossible to be out there without something. Yesterday I was using my ThermaCell and started getting some bites so I looked down and the pad was still blue but found the butane had run out. Switched it out and re-lit and BAM, no more bugs within 5 minutes. I totally agree, one of the best things that's ever come out for hunters. I can smell it though and suspect the deer can as well, just don't know if it'll spook them.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 AM

These things are the greatest thing ever! Complete lifesaver's! Out of all the things I have ever bought for hunting, this, by and far is the greatest return on my investment.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 AM

My hunting buddy bought oneabout 2 weeks ago, andsince then hasn't get biten by one. So I just bought one on saturday. I'm glad Igot one. They work awesome.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Spike

It's the American Express for hunting: Don't leave home without it!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to bump this back to see if we can get a few more votes. I would have thought we would have gotten an "it doesn't work" vote by now.

Quick Reply: Do you have a Thermacell and does it work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.