Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Second to last day of late season and my brother shoots 2! With Bloodtrail pics...GRAPHIC >

Second to last day of late season and my brother shoots 2! With Bloodtrail pics...GRAPHIC

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Second to last day of late season and my brother shoots 2! With Bloodtrail pics...GRAPHIC

Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Second to last day of late season and my brother shoots 2! With Bloodtrail pics...GRAPHIC

Well I didn't get to shoot any deer the last 2 days of WI last season bowhunting but my older brother (who I got into bowhunting 3 years ago) saw a lot of action Saturday night.

He ended up shooting 2 does well 1 button buck and a doe. He got into his stand around 2:30 pm Sat afternoon and saw deer moving already at 3. Towards dark 2 of them started feeding towards his way. Both of them get within 20 yards and he shoots one of them and he watches that one drop within 20 yards and dropped right in the field.

The second one then trotted off a little ways and was snorting and stomping for like 5 minutes he said. Well it decided to come back and he shot that one too. Hit it a little high but she only went about 100 yards and crashed hard into a downed tree. I never saw so much hair and blood on the ground as this. She hit that tree so hard and there was literally huge clumps of hair and blood all over.

I was so proud of him. He called me like 6 times on my cell as I didn't answer because i was still hunting. I get back to the house and he is on the phone and he says he needs my help I just shot 2 deer. I was so excited. So I go out there and help him gut out the deer. He started bowhunting like 3 years ago now and is hooked on it. I have bowhunted since I was 12 and now I am 24. It was nice to see him so happy and excited. I asked him how nervous he was and he said this is so much better than gun hunting and every time I see a deer my hearts start to pump. What a time I had with him!

He is shooting a Mathews Drenlin with 3 blade rages. Here are some pics!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Second to last day of late season and my brother shoots 2! With Bloodtrail pics...

Congrats to your brother!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Second to last day of late season and my brother shoots 2! With Bloodtrail pics...

Pics of the blood trail of the big doe...

Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The downed branches she ran into!

Nontypical Buck

More...

Nontypical Buck

Old 01-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother looking for his arrow in this bloody mess!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bloodtrail of the button buck...

Old 01-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

The devasting Rage Broadheads....

Old 01-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rage Broadheads....

Quick Reply: Second to last day of late season and my brother shoots 2! With Bloodtrail pics...GRAPHIC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.