Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabellas arrow fletcher? And my dealer what should I do?

Old 05-08-2003, 11:07 AM

Default Cabellas arrow fletcher? And my dealer what should I do?

Does anybody own the Cabellas arrow fletcher? I have it and it is the first fletcher I have ever owned and cant compare it to anything else. I dont know if I care for it two much, I dont think it is very precise with placeing the fletchings on my arrows. I set for a slight right helical fletch and it just doesnt align up the way I would like it to. I am thinking about getting a new fletcher, and suggestions? I crest and fletch my arrows myself, due to the fact that I always end up with problems with not enough glue on my fletchings, and them comming off shortly after a few shots from local dealers. Also what should I do, I drove 1hour and 1/2 to my local shop to pick up my shafts, told them I wanted 2314 XX78, and when I got home to crest and fletch my arrows, which takes alot of time I might add. I finished all the arrows and now I just need to add the 2314 inserts, well 4 of the arrows were 2314' s and the other two were 2413' s. SO know I have 4 good arrows and 2 that I put alot of time into that I cant shoot because they are the wrong size. So what should I do drive 1hr and 1/2 to tell the dealer, that he made a mistake and give him my two beautiful crested and fletched arrows that I cant shoot because he gave me the wrong size? What would a good dealer do for this inconvenience? Thanks for your reply, SEMPER FI
Old 05-08-2003, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Cabellas arrow fletcher? And my dealer what should I do?

I own a high country arrow fletcher and it' s very good. A buddy has the Cabelas and he has no complaints. There' s really no difference in the two. You' ll get used to it and really like it. If you had a good dealer he' d compensate you for your arrows by throwing a couple extra shafts or something else. I had the same problem about 2 yrs ago and my dealer hooked me up pretty good....then again I spend about half my time in there b.sing with him.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:27 PM
tm
Fork Horn

I prefer the jigs that attach one vane at a time. It' s easier to get the alignment right and make sure all the vanes have full contact with the shaft. I' ve used the BPE fletchers for years and really like them, but Bitzenberger is good also.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Mathews, I have had a Cabela' s fletcher for about 3 years and I really like mine. I did have a problem once where the vanes didn' t seem to be aligned evenly. I then found out the problem. The screws at the top and bottom of the long rods that hold it together were loose and that was causing it to twist. Now I just make suer that they are tight and it works perfectly. I have no complaints with it at atll.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matthews If you get a new fletch Jig I would Invest in the Blitzberger
I would tell the proshop guy I paid for 2314 and that is what i want It is his mistake and you shouldnt have to be the one who pays for his mistake.