Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Factory Service >

Bowtech Factory Service

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Factory Service

Old 01-30-2008, 05:45 AM

Default Bowtech Factory Service

Well, here's my first post as a newbie. Great forum here folks!

I'm new to bowhunting. I did some research on bows and came up (3) bows that I wanted to look at and shot. I settled on a Bowtech Guardian.

Long story short, I bought a nice used oneat a fair price...couldn't swing the cost of a new bow with accessories.While trying to figure out my arrow length, the unthinkable happened. I accidently dry-fired the bow and hit the bottom cam on the edge of my work bench damaging it. Yeah, it made me sick!! I know better! But, it happened.

I finally found a dealer to order the new cams, install them, and inspect the bow for other damage.

The dealer told me that it might take a month to get new cams from the factory. Is this typical of Bowtech service? Now I'm wondering if I made the right choice...

Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 AM

Default RE: Bowtech Factory Service

I know a few people that have had the same trouble, but I don't think you have made the wrong decision. I will still shoot bowtech becasue I have never had to order new parts. They are that good. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
bigcountry

Sorry to hear that. After the dry fire was both cams bent, or just the bottom one?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM

They usually outsource the machining of their cams so it's not so much BowTech as it is a supply issue. The cams they have ordered are all destined for new bows and in order for you to get one they'd have to take a new bow out of production. Not an issue specific to BowTech, you'll run into it with just about every manufacturer. Chaulk it up as a lesson learned the hard way and just be glad it happened during the off season. Best of luck!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

Only the bottom cam was damaged.

Lessoned learned the hard way and it STINGS!!!!!

I did find a dealer to help me. I'm thankful for that, but he's not been too optimistic.

Thanks again fellas

Chris
Old 01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Host of Hosts

Bowtech has some of the BEST customer service people in the industry. There are alot of guys on this website also that are very good at representing Bowtech and extending the customer relations base. Look for the corporate guys on this site and they'll be happy to help you out.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:29 PM

My dealer called and said he ordered the parts today. The factory is about 5 days by UPS to Indiana, so he said the parts should be here late next week. If that happens, I will be VERY pleased.

I don't confuse factory service with dealer service and I try to show both a lot of patience. Since I bought this bow used, the dealer is only representing Bowtech in the way in which treats me. He's not going to make a ton of money on *this* sale.

One thing is for sure, Bowtech makes a very nice product.

If anyone is interested, I'll update this thread with the outcome.

Be safe and have fun!

Chris

Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Bowtech has some of the BEST customer service people in the industry. There are alot of guys on this website also that are very good at representing Bowtech and extending the customer relations base. Look for the corporate guys on this site and they'll be happy to help you out.
Indiana Chris, Sorry to hear about your mishap. Things unfortuately do happen, and that's why they are called accidents. Hopefully things will get taken care of in a timely manner. I feel like Bowtech has as good or better customer service record as any other manufacturer there is. I am proud to be part of the team and I know from all the guys on the team they are a great bunch of guys willing to help and all put the customer first. If you need any help feel free to PM me or anyone here displaying Corporate Staff in their signature.

After all we want you as a satisfied customer for years to come

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 05:42 PM

that sure sucks but i am sure you will get things and have it going just like new before too long. Good luck
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any time I have had to order parts from Bowtech I have ALWAYS received them in less than a week from the time they were ordered and I am in NW Florida. It didn't matter if it were my personal bow or a customers bow.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Factory Service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.