Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 State Championship results... >

State Championship results...

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

State Championship results...

Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default State Championship results...

Wow what a great time. Thanks to everyone who put soooo much effort into making this shoot so enjoyable.
Thanks to Christine for all she does for our club. Thanks to Dave and Joanne. Andto Mark and Liz Graves. We really appreciate the way you guys stepped right in to help. Awesome. Thanks to Sgt Scott Siddens who came down to answer questions and talk about Bowfishing from a Law enforcement point of view.

The group.... Our biggest yet!

Carpbusters.com donated prize money for the top two teams according to how many carp they removed from the lake.

2nd Place was the Shelby Shooters.

1st Place was Team Bloodbath.

The Small gar award went to Dale Bozarth of Team Extreme.

The Big Gar Award went to Lyle Henderson of Team Gar-Gone.

The avergae Joe award went to Team Kempwerth

4th Place went to Team Carp-Enders

Steve, if you only knew what she did to yourbow after that...

3rd place went to the Shelby Shooters.

2nd place went to Team Extreme.

And 1st Place went to....

Drum roll please.

Team Bloodbath. Congratulations.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: State Championship results...

There was a threat of rain, but it held off with only a few sprinkles through out the 20 hour tourney.

Yet the saying on Dave's sign is quite appropriate...

If you can't read it, it says "Life is not about waiting for the storm to end...but learning to Bowfish in the rain.

Amen, Uncle Dave.

Dave had a couple of more prizes just to keep it fun and interesting.

There is the "Chit outta luck award" that went to the team finnishing just out of the money.

That went to Team Silver Foxes.

Maybe that will add a little luck for next time.

There was also the long distance award that went to the team traveling the farthest. The difference was tiny. We didn't get a picture, but it went to Team Carp-Enders. The prze was two cans of Beernuts to sustain them on the return trip.

Joanne did her usual outstanding job keeping us fed and holding down the fort while we were out on the lake. She doesn't get told thank you nearly enough.

At 6pm we all (well nearly all came back and ate supper, BSed and generally had a great time.
Deb provided a little extra entertainment with a target for anyone who wanted to try a few shots.

Here's more pics...

Old 06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

This picture was cropped down to protect the offender. But just look at these three faces. There's some BS happening here. LOL Just kidding.

Who me?

You know thes two were up to something...

Ken prepares for the next assault. Notice the cane...

A nice idea for turning a foot control into a hand control troller...

Old 06-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Door Prize table.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

As you can see, if you missed it, you missed a great time with some great people.

In my Thank yous, I didn't mention our sponsors. Thank you so much to the great people and companies that give us door prizes so that we can give them to you.

If you got a door prize Thank the sponsor or sponsors that gave it. Let them know that you do appreciate it.

See ya all next time!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not only do I want to thank the sponsors of all of the great door prizes but a kudos goes out to Kendall, Christine, Dave, Joanne, Mark, Liz, and everyone else who chipped in to help. Great food, and good people......It was truly an OUTSTANDING turnout!!!

It was nice seeing everyone from the club as well as all of the new faces I was able to meet......

Oh and BTW....Steve, rubbin Buda's belly didn't help much...LOL

Old 06-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

WOW that was my first tournament and it was a blast I have been bowfishing a long time and never new there were that many others who love it as much as I do . i will be seeing everyone back in shelbyville in august I hope . I would also like to say thank you very much to all who put this GREAT event together and the sponsers .
Old 06-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

dang...every pic I'm in I either have a funny looking face..or I look stupid!

It was an awesome tournament and I'm glad I made the drive.

Shot me 3 BAA Jr. Bowfisherman of the Year Longnose!

Thanks to Todd for taking me out on his boat.

Thanks Kendall,Christine,Dave,Joanne, and everyone for putting on a great shoot!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: carpsniper

Steve, if you only knew what she did to yourbow after that...

Yeah, I would have deserved it. Sorry I messed up the picture. It was a long night and I was just being a little too goofy. I was gonna stick my finger in her nose but I couldn't move my fingers fast enough.

What a great time that was! It was pretty hard for us to leave while everyone was still sitting there having fun and BSing. But we were determined to find fish and get up there a little higher than usual. We're happy with how we did.

Thanks to you and Christine, Dave, Joanne and the Graves for doing all that you did to make this a great shoot. And thanks to all our sponsors and to Robert Rice for the donation for the most carp. That was great. I can't wait till next year. But I think I'm going to camp there next year; that drive is too much after a 20-hour shoot. And I didn't even drive!

Quick Reply: State Championship results...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.