Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Hornady Lock  n' Load speed sabots ? >

Hornady Lock n' Load speed sabots ?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady Lock n' Load speed sabots ?

Old 08-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hornady Lock n' Load speed sabots ?

I was thinking of tring these in my remington 700, and was wondering if anyone has tried them, and what do you think? I tried the barnes expanders, and although they were accurate, they did not do much damage on game, and they were hard to get down the barrel. My muzzleloader is a 50 cal., and I was thinking of trying the 250 grain sabots. Anyone who has tried these give me the pro's and con's. Thanks, and good shootin'. Bhunter32.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:03 PM
XTP

Default RE: Hornady Lock n' Load speed sabots ?

Even though I am a strong Hornady fan.....I am hesitant to try this product. The hole in the center of the pyrodex is there to provide a channel for the ignition flash to travel through,blocking it with a piece of plastic just seems like a bad idea.Besides,how long does it really take to drop a couple pellets down a barrel ???
Old 08-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

i use real BP but seen these gizmos at the stores.....wouldnt the plastic melt when the powder burns and possibly stick in your combution chamber/bore??? just a thought i got by looking at them......i know powder burns pretty hot....
Old 08-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Fork Horn

gimmick gimmick gimmick and expensive. Save your money. Sometimes company's go overboard on having another thing every year to sell the sucker hunters.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

gimmick gimmick gimmick and expensive. Save your money. Sometimes company's go overboard on having another thing every year to sell the sucker hunters.
EXACTLY buy yourself the SST, sabot and drop the powder down the pipe..cheaper and just as effective
Old 08-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

I was thinking about trying them myself but you guys make a good point maybe i will just stick with my power belts
Old 08-13-2004, 03:43 PM
bigcountry

I am the king of trying new stuff and this is one of those that looks a little silly.

Old 08-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

They seem to be a solution to a problem that never existed.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I saw them at Wal Mart the other day when I was there checking out the sporting goods. Ours finally has its muzzleloader supplys back. The trouble is they are the same high prices as they were last year...

I guess if people want to spend their money on a gimmick which is all they are, they are more then welcome to do so...
Old 08-21-2004, 11:55 PM

I'm always willing to try something new and since I have two packs of 50g pellets that will never get used otherwise, I bought some LNL Speed Sabots just to try them out.

With two pellets and a 300g LNL I shot three groups at 75 yards within 1 inch and two of the shots in each group were in the same hole. My 50 Cal Encore loves these things and I may use them for antelope and deer in Sept.

I picked up most of the sabots expecting them to be melted but nothing was burned, not even blackened. The petals were spread but other than that they looked like new.

They work great with the TC Flex Loader quick loads.

Call me a sucker but if it works, what the heck! It's all about results!

Quick Reply: Hornady Lock n' Load speed sabots ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.