Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Triumph Bone Collector Help >

TC Triumph Bone Collector Help

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Triumph Bone Collector Help

Old 07-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Spike

Default TC Triumph Bone Collector Help

I am leaning towards this as a upgrade from my 1980's muzzleloader. I really have not followed loads and such, so I am looking for some suggestions on what to use if I go with this rifle.

Also looking for suggestion on a blackpowder scope. Most of my shooting will be at around 125 yards or less
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the regular Triumph Black stock, weathershield barrel, the Bone Collector is the same muzzleloader except it has a few none sense stuff, and your paying for that crap and the endorsement of it being "THE BONE COLLECTOR"

I love my Triumph, using 2 pellets of Triple 7 Magnums, 250gr. Barnes Spit-Fire T-EZ, topped off with Leupold VX-II in 3-9x40 with the single piece Tally Mounts, no need for that gimmick BDC, or DOA recticle
Old 07-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I have had great luck with 250 grain TC Shockwave sitting on top of 2 pellets of 777 in my Triumph. Accurate out to 150 yards (probably beyond, but never had a shot that far). There are many great bullets out there and a quick search will get you more information then you probably want to read. I am intrigued by the Barnes family of bullets as well, but have no personal experience with them in my Triumph. Hope to soon. People swear by the BlackHorn 209, but I still like the conveinence of the pellets.

Scopes: Bushnell, Cabela's Leopold, etc... all make a nice scope. I always like to stay with the 2 - 7 power scopes as I occasionally get shots as close as 10 yards. I have never been a fan of the BDC recticle scopes simply becuase every gun & load shoots slightly different and impact points might not be the exact same for every gun. I simply figure out where my gun is 3" high and what yardage is it 3" low. The 3" low is the max range I will fire. Anything inside that I hold center mass and fire.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Triumph The only difference in a Bone Collector is the Cushion stock but that is a very nice difference [I have one on my Endeavor Encore]; mine likes 115 grains of Blackhorn and will shoot a minute of angle with these loads:
Gold Dot 250 GR HP & long black Harvester smooth
250 or 300grain Shock Wave & Short Black Harvester Smooth
250 gr Lehigh Short Black Harvester Smooth
50/40 200grain Lehigh blue MMP
50/40 Shock Wave Blue MMP
XTP 250 grain Long black Harvester Smooth or 24 HPH-MMP
Hornady FPB 350 grain & 90 grains Blackhorn
A Hint for people learning to use sabots:
At least 50% of the problems getting the bullet YOU want to shoot good to do it is using the right sabot because a sabot works with one bullet does NOT mean that is the best sabot for all bullets that diameter.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

I have the camo Bone Collector, but everyone is right the Triumph is the same. I use 110 grains of Blackhorn powder, Hornady 300 grain XTP MAG, with the Crushed Rib Sabots. I have the Nikon Omega scope and really like it. But honestly with the new inlines you dont have to have a muzzleloader scope. Any scope would work, just pick out what you like best.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same powder load and scope as Salty with nosler 260 partition w/harvester short black sabot.