Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Dang that SABOTLOADER!!! >

Dang that SABOTLOADER!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Dang that SABOTLOADER!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Dang that SABOTLOADER!!!

Recently Chetmarks and I split the purchase of a TC Renegade from Bronko - Chet bought the barrel and I bought the stock. Bronko did right by me. The stock and lock are great and I'm well satisfied.

Then Sabotloader and I swapped a couple of barrels. I sent him a .50 caliber 15/16" GM LRH barrel and he sent me a .50 caliber 1" GM LRH barrel.

Today I married up Bronko's stock and Sabotloader's barrel and hit the range. I think Sabotloader screwed me on that deal. That barrel didn't shoot for squat. Of course, I've only tried one load in it so far - 85 grains of GOEX FFFg under a 300 grain Gold Dot. Maybe with a little load experimentation I can find something it will shoot decently.

Here's the first target I shot with it. Do you think I may be able to talk Sabotloader into taking the barrel back???

I'm pretty sure that low shot at 100 yards is Sabotloader's fault.

So the Sinful Renegade now has a sister (yep, I mounted a 4X Simmons ProDiamond on the new barrel).

After shooting that first target I got tired of walking up and down the range, so I put another target out at 50 yards and took four shots. Shot #3 is out of group because the set trigger on Bronko's stock takes a very very light touch, and I touched it before I should have. So I'm pretty sure that low shot is Bronko's fault.

Thanks Sabotloader!!!

Thanks Bronko, Thanks Chet.

Last edited by Semisane; 02-22-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, your screwed. I'll fix it for ya. Just send me the cost.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I feel sorry for you.. If you want to, I would take that off your hands. Of course I would not pay top dollar since it is so "off."

Nice shooting.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi...

I only read the first part & got scairt. Scart that somethang happened to dat barrel in shipping cuz it shot great fer me...

Starting typing a serious appolgy - den decided may Ihad bedder reat da hole thang.

Dose targits look pritty goot ta me!

So doenot scarrt no moe lyd dat!!!

goot shooten!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry `bout that Sabotloader. But I had to let everyone know what a skunk you are.

I had someting happen with this thing that's never happened to me before. After I mounted the ProDiamond on the barrel I turned the windage and elevation adjustments twice through their full range of adjustments to loosen them up, then centered them both. Put a target out at twenty five yards and took two shots. They cut each other in the center of the third square to the right of the bull. Never had a new scope that close before. I adjusted it 3 clicks up and 16 clicks left, then shot that first target.

I hadn't planned to play with this gun until after hunting season ends, but now I'll probably be carrying it next week end.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Not only that, as you will discover, a Renegade is such a nice rifle to carry. Your going to like that rifle. But most of all the deer are not going to like what it can do.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy howdy semi thats some pretty poor shooting for sure, you have my sympathy. Now how much would it cost for someone to take that piece of junk off your hands lol.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's some pretty poor shootin Semi, I dont think you can blame that one on Sabotloader, you need more practice!
(BP)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM
mountaineer magic

Your'e welcome SEMI. I hope to get my barrel soon. The weather slowed the mail up, but hopefully anyday I can go and see what the barrel does.
Are you sure that poor shooting wasn't the weasels fault? I hear he moved in with you . How's that working out ?.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your welcome Semi. Chet your barrel went out today. You should have it by the weekend unless you get another blizzard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.