Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 problem with T/C Omega >

problem with T/C Omega

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

problem with T/C Omega

Old 02-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default problem with T/C Omega

I was wondering if anybody has had or heard of problems with the Drop Action on the T/C Omega not staying up. I have almost 100 rounds through mine and now when I pull the Trigger Gaurd up to close the breech, it just falls down. I have to hold it up. Once I pull the hammer back, it satys no problem but otherwise....its a pain in the arse. I am probly going to have to send it in but...WTF. Its 2 months old and has to be repaired? $%@#*&%@#! So......anyadvise?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: problem with T/C Omega

if you take it out of the stock will it still stay up/. maybe the stock is interfering somehow. is the action set into the stock correctly and snugged down good.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Powerfisher

I will not say that is a common problem, but it can happen. My suggestion is to contact TC - they will ask you to mail it in for repair, which is not to bad because they go completely over the gun.

If you look in side the trigger asembly when it is down you will see a long square type nut. The nut can be turned to adjust the length of throw - which cause the breech block to lock.

You could look at this thread and it will give you an idea of what needs to be done...

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11690

If you are not a memeber of MM it will take a day to get approved. I was able to copy it and move it here...

All pictures and description courtesy of paia with instruction from fisher2072.

1 - "Take the trigger assembly off the barrel
1 -

2 - This pic shows the pin you want to push through, and note that you want to push it from this side. Also do not push it all the way through. I used a small brass punch and hammer to drive it .
2 -

3 - This pic shows the nut we are getting at by unpinning the trigger guard.
3 -

4 - This shows the trigger guard unpinned and that nut out of the trigger assembly. Note that the pin (just above the nut)has not been driven completely out. Only push it far enough through to free the nut and trigger guard.
4 -

5 - This shows why the pin needs to stay in the trigger assembly --it is retaining the trigger spring. If you push the pin too far, or from the other direction (like I did in my first attempt tonight )you release this spring and it's kind of a pain to get back, but not too bad.
5 -

6 - Shows the trigger guard and that nut. The nut is pretty loose and easy to turn and when I first pushed the pin out in the wrong direction and released that spring, the trigger guard fell to the floor and the nut moved so I had no idea where to start with my attempt to tighten my action's lock up. I went the wrong way first and then over corrected and got it too tight... But after a couple attempts I had it.
6 -

You want to turn the nut "out,"away from the trigger guard and towards the hole at the end of that little "shaft." It won't take much--just turn one or two flats on the nut, 1/6th or 1/3rd of a turn, then reassemble and see if your lock up is tight enough.

Even with my initial screw ups the whole thing did not take an hour."

Old 02-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Before you try to adjust any thing check the block that fastens the hold assmable on to the barrel, it can cause the problem in either the Triumph or the Omega. Lee
Old 02-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the info! The pics help a lot. I have sent T/C an email and I am sure they will want me to sendthe rifle in. I will brake it down as best as I can and see if it helps. The gaurd falls even when out of the stock. Very bummed.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Powerfisher

In their current state of affairs they do not respond to well to emails... May have to call them - early in the morning is the best... I think..
Old 02-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Goterdunnnn! Thanks for the spring tip. It still sprung on me a couple of times when I was adjusting the tension but itwasnt too bad to put back on. Sabotloader, you saved me a buch of trouble, thank you.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Powerfisher, Ya think the rock lockers could have helped?

Al
Old 03-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know what a rock locker is. I do knowI took the barrel off several times to check that the mounting was solid and that it was seated correctly in the stock. Once I took the trigger assembly apart (like the pics posted by Sabotloader illistrated) I was able to correct the problem within 30 min.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rocklockers are those at nodak who kept giving youa hard time. Glad you have the problem fixed.

Al

Quick Reply: problem with T/C Omega

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.