Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pedersoli

Old 01-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Spike

Default Pedersoli

What are folks' views about the traditional muzzleloaders made by Pedersoli? Are they quality, or cheap imports? I was thinking down the road of purchasing a .32 caliber or .36 caliber percussion for fun and possibly small game hunting. I don't think I want to spend the $$$ for a U.S. custom made rifle.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Pedersoli are very good rifles quality. The only thing to beware of is IF the rifle should ever need repairs, you have to send it back to Italy, and deal with a company over there.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish i could afford one lol..
Old 01-23-2010, 10:40 AM
mountaineer magic

I have 3 Pedersoli's. They are top quality guns. You can get service at several places in the U.S. . here's a quote from their company profile page :"Pedersoli's guns are covered by two years warranty from the purchase date for the mechanical parts. The spare parts are distributed in all the world by the various distributors, while Service Points in USA and Europe handle the warranty and non-warranty repairs."
I returned a Pedersoli to exchange for a different caliber to Dixie gun works without a problem. Cabelas is the same way . Cherry's is also a distributor. Parts are readily available through many shops like TOTW etc.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:44 AM
mountaineer magic

here's info for warranty or service in the U.S just in case someone might need it.
Charles Erb Firearms
65 Willock Road Fredericktown, PA 15333
Tel: 724 632-6811
eMail: [email protected]LEE SHAVER GUNSMITH
1020 Broadway St. - P.O. Box 570 LAMAR, MO. 64759
Tel: 417 682 3330
eMail: [email protected]

Old 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cantremembermyid
What are folks' views about the traditional muzzleloaders made by Pedersoli? Are they quality, or cheap imports? I was thinking down the road of purchasing a .32 caliber or .36 caliber percussion for fun and possibly small game hunting. I don't think I want to spend the $$$ for a U.S. custom made rifle.
been wanting a .36 myself. cabelas has them on sale but only flinlocks in stock. anyone like there flinters?
Old 01-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone for your info. Much appreciated.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

While I can't speak for their rifles, I did purchase one of their flintlocks for use in converting my old Hatfield percussion into a rock-locker. The lock works well and throws a good shower of sparks.